Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Openworld Duels

I was just wondering if the devs had spoken about a duel system in game where you can challenge someone to duel with you? So not like PvP arenas, but just a 1v1 in the open world with no interferance from other players. Has anybody heard something about this?

Comments

• Options

• Options
    Cant wait to spar for days agian :0 wow killed it ;(
  • Options
  • Options
    Sounds like fun, I can't believe some MMO's dont even have duel mechanics.
  • Options
    Newton said:
    I was just wondering if the devs had spoken about a duel system in game where you can challenge someone to duel with you? So not like PvP arenas, but just a 1v1 in the open world with no interferance from other players. Has anybody heard something about this?
    I don't know if I'm interpreting this right but I'll try.  One thing in open world play say you were in an open combat area.  It sounds like a good idea but I would be worried that if you didn't allow interference you could exploit that mechanic to say gain an extra 20 feet or 2 minutes without being harmed by another player/group/zerg (except from the one you're dueling.) 

This idea does work though in like populated towns where fighting is typically not permitted.(in other games)

• Options
    Dueling will not make you immune to damage from others. It will negate the flagging state and allow those in the same state attack each other without death penalties and the negative consequences of pvp/pve death. Since you can't attack people in group, guild, friends list, or alliance this will allow people to do that. Try doing it in a contested area and basically you are just pre-damaging yourself for the opposing players to take advantage of.

• Options
    Dueling will not make you immune to damage from others. It will negate the flagging state and allow those in the same state attack each other without death penalties and the negative consequences of pvp/pve death. Since you can't attack people in group, guild, friends list, or alliance this will allow people to do that. Try doing it in a contested area and basically you are just pre-damaging yourself for the opposing players to take advantage of.

oops I read it wrong, ^.^ to bed with me!
  • Options
    I hope for something a bit more then just 1v1 with open world duels but I fear that it won't happen because of the worry that it would end up taking away from the grander of arenas
  • Options
    I'm glad they will have this for the people that want it... I'll be auto-declining everything. I only play support or artisan classes in MMOs... bringing a smith hammer to a sword fight won't work for me very well :P
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017
    Allusir said:
    I'm glad they will have this for the people that want it... I'll be auto-declining everything. I only play support or artisan classes in MMOs... bringing a smith hammer to a sword fight won't work for me very well :P

Used right a smith's hammer can do a good bit of damage
    Edit: well at least in real life it can
  • Options
    IWrestledABearOnce
  • Options
    Xombie said:
    IWrestledABearOnce

So that's how you became a xombie?
  • Options
    Many MMOs had open world 1vs1 dueling mechanics.

What would be interesting to see, and certainly original, is dueling mechanic for groups. :)

Ie. 2v2 duels, 3v3 duels, but not closed of in arena. Open world classic duels, just allowing multiple people to start a duel simultaneously.

Even uneven duels, for example more geared player 1vs3 dueling less geared firends.

Would be fun to have. :)
    (I will not get into how demanding, or not, it would be to implement it)
  • Options
    Gothix said:
    Many MMOs had open world 1vs1 dueling mechanics.

What would be interesting to see, and certainly original, is dueling mechanic for groups. :)

Ie. 2v2 duels, 3v3 duels, but not closed of in arena. Open world classic duels, just allowing multiple people to start a duel simultaneously.

Even uneven duels, for example more geared player 1vs3 dueling less geared firends.

Would be fun to have. :)
    (I will not get into how demanding, or not, it would be to implement it)

It could be very simple have it to where group A can duel group B, then whatever group setup you want to duel with just be in either group A or B. Eg. Group a has 1 group b has 5