Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Crafting / Trade Market System

Hello! I know that I cant be the only one excited about the crafting and open market trade system! Being able to play the game as a skilled crafter/tradesman and make an impact on the community/guild/group/game is amazing! I want to become the most famous blacksmith in the game! Who's with me?! 

Who else is planning to focus on crafting and trade??
What are you're plans/goals?

Comments

• Options
    Come over to the Discord server and we can have a more in depth discussion.  https://discord.gg/VTSMbm
  • Options
    Everything for a coin ;)
  • Options
    We can have plenty an in-depth conversation on that here.
    I am super excited as well. I am looking forward to being well known enough players seek out my crafts!
  • Options
    I too am looking forward to the crafting system in AOC, the fact you will have to make some real choices with your character with specializations. Do you want to be a gatherer, refiner or crafter, these three will then be further divided into things like mining, wood cutting, skinning etc means that you will have to make choices as to what you want to do. No more doing it all on one or two characters.

There should be a good amount of interdependence between gathers, refiners and crafters, you will need to know people who can supply the needed materials. It has been said crafting is one of the pillars of the game, my hope is that this can be delivered on.
  • Options
    My plan is to make a "special" weapon that can be used as a flute or a sword. :mrgreen:

• Options
    I have also been considering a Bard Craftsman, but I would like to focus on Wagons. If possible, also animal husbandry. Having the strongest or fastest wagons along with the strongest or fastest horses/mounts would be really sweet!
  • Options
    There are guilds focused on this specifically you might be interested in. I recommend Vendo personally.
  • Options
    I'm waiting to guild up after launch. Once I decide on a server and pledge citizenship to the node I want I will go guild hunting.

Thanks for the name though :wink:
  • Options
    Great comments! I think I'm going to wait before guilding up as well. The aspect of the open market as said above,

"There should be a good amount of interdependence between gathers, refiners and crafters, you will need to know people who can supply the needed materials. It has been said crafting is one of the pillars of the game, my hope is that this can be delivered on."

Having our own community of crafters and knowing who does what is amazing. You need friends that farm  (Item A) and friends who craft (Item B) so you can create your (Item C). It forces you to be friendly! or Evil! Muahahahahaha. 
  • Options
    Honestly I cannot decide yet on what I will be doing as part of my crafting as I still not been able to work out what race/class I plan on playing :D All I know is I always enjoy crafting and will have it as one of my main focuses in the game, who knows maybe able to get a bit of a monopoly going or at least be able to dominate a certain corner of the market on a particular item or product would be a cool achievement to accomplish for me regardless of how unlikely it would be.
  • Options
    I doubt I'll be any kind of famous in such a massive game... but I am going to focus on being the "crafter" for my group of friends / whatever guild they end up in. Totally going to be making multiple characters for processing and crafting. I am going to try to rely on other people in my group / my one combat class character to do most of the gathering. 

Probably will not be going for raising / breeding horses. My boyfriend is already planning to be a farmer. Depending on the skill trees I'm thinking:
    1) Repair master - if possible focus on being able to repair any weapon / armor, but low crafting ability. If doing so just requires the ability to craft high end things and there aren't specific repair skills, then I'll just have a bunch of those characters. 
    2) Alchemy & Cooking - if it's possible to specialize in both... otherwise this is two characters.
    3) If I really need another gathering character for whatever reason, then probably a summoner to keep monsters off me while I strip mine the area. 

If by some crazy.... craziness... the skill tree is so vast that there will be multiple possibilities for specializing in just one thing - like say three different ways to focus an armorer because things at the end are that unique.... not sure what I'll do then. Probably just focus having a bunch of alchemy / cooking crafters then and forget the rest. 
  • Options
    I'm sure you can do a little of everything but if you want to do a higher tier job you would have to be selective. I will look into and decide on the best course of action for me when the time comes. Especially if we can decide what we can make BEFORE we have to choose. Otherwise I'm looking forward for the Challenge. Western Trading Co.