[Website] The Ashes of Creation website will be down for scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, March 19, 2024 at 7:00 a.m. Pacific.

Estimated downtime is 4 hours. During this time, the shop and account login page will be inaccessible. We'll notify you upon completion.
Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Camera Rotation System and Targeting

Hello I know there are some threads abut this but I didn't understand so much. Okay there is a mouse click tab targeting and press button to rotate camera system but for this kind of great game will there be a "Free rotate camera without click mouse button" and "Free action target without having to click on target with mouse cursor" ? 

I mean this game is seem really good and most people will want to play. I'm just trying to say in this kind big open world MMORPG games it can be better to allow players move more flexible. For example as I saw at videos if I want to change target I have to click on it and at the same time for rotating camera I have to press button also and cast skills. This would be really hard.

At all game hasn't released yet so maybe Devs can change the system too. At least rotating camera and targeting could be like Elder Scrolls Online style free camera and aim with mouse for auto target or even if its not a auto target it could be like aim with mouse and press Tab key for example. 

I think this is considerable. 

Comments

• You will most likely be able to use your keyboard to control the camera as well, so that could help aid some people. Although you might have to make some bind or macros on your computer to optimize the target system/abilities. With further optimization still being done.. I will be waiting patiently :mrgreen:

• Using macro in game feels me like cheating. Because not everybody has macro so using it would cause to unfairly advantage. But as you said I will be waiting patiently as well.
  • I would love nothing more than to have a free camera in the game. I can compromise with everything els just let me freely move my camera or tye choice to do so.
  • IARTOI said:
    Using macro in game feels me like cheating. Because not everybody has macro so using it would cause to unfairly advantage. But as you said I will be waiting patiently as well.
    If you are using a macro everyone else also has the ability to use the macro. If they do or not would be up to them. 

It sounds to me like your thinking of a full action game, something like Tera. You may be able to setup your game to act like that but you could potentially make it harder to use the abilities that require a target. 
  • IARTOI said:
    Using macro in game feels me like cheating. Because not everybody has macro so using it would cause to unfairly advantage. But as you said I will be waiting patiently as well.
    If you are using a macro everyone else also has the ability to use the macro. If they do or not would be up to them. 

It sounds to me like your thinking of a full action game, something like Tera. You may be able to setup your game to act like that but you could potentially make it harder to use the abilities that require a target. 
    Actually macro is not the point here. The point is offer a more effective play style for players. Okay making things harder will determine the good players but the thing is good player is always good for example it doesnt matter the free targeting or tab targeting for them. They can always manage. But the other players for who is not used to this play style this will be complicated. This game seems really good I just hope they bring selective options for different playstyles.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited January 2018
    I agree i would prefer a choice to switch between camera controls. 

Im team action cam. 
  • Since in most mmo's you need to use the mouse for your UI, I dont want there to be a free rotating camera with no click, but this isn't something that difficult to implement so I guess we will get a choice.
  • One of the devs said that camera rotation system was in order, but that it was one of the last things to be implemented on the game, refered to it as a more polished game or polishing the game.
  • One of the devs said that camera rotation system was in order, but that it was one of the last things to be implemented on the game, refered to it as a more polished game or polishing the game.
    Is this still standing since this topic last came up? 

This is my number 1 wish for the game, the ability to freely move my cam with my mouse. I can compromise with having to click each target, but i want my cam to be free.