Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

First Kill/ Reg Kill Boss Announcement

I read a post in the forums about adding a mechanic/ system into the game that would announce when someone kills a boss for the first time. I thought I'd write a little about it and the pros and cons of having such a system.

Firstly the I don't think if it becomes a thing it should be globally announced on a bit of text in the chat window. The whole point of this game seems to be around immersion and creating a life like world that you can create a character to immerse yourself into, but it could still be a great mechanic... Instead of a piece of text saying "So and so from the Guild, Awesome Squad killed x monster for the first time" Have NPCs slowly spread the word throughout the world. An example could be the caravans maybe when taking supplies from one place to another one of the NPCs says something along the lines of "Did you hear about the dragon that was slane by "PlayerName" and another NPC could answer "Yea I heard he was from "Guild name" Another way could be announcement boards for guilds in the world/ node. There are hundreds of ways it could be done so that it doesn't take away from the overall feel of the world :D

Honestly, either way, could be pretty cool if done correctly  and it really doesn't have that big of an impact on the game other than making your guild feel proud xP

~Rider

Comments