Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Hospitals

So I know this is a bit old and there might be some post relating to this already (if so, point me to it por favor), but with the blog post about taverns 'The Mighty Beard' I was left wondering if there might be a way for healer to make a tavern with a focus on healing or if there would even be a need for such in this game. If we can specialize our taverns then why not? My rooms give bonuses to healing, that being said, do players even need this type of help in game? I imagine 99.9% of healing will take place in the field when healers are actually healing but what if you contract some poison or disease that cant be cured in the wild?

Someone please correct me if this has already been discussed but I have been absent from the forums for quite some time and just seen that blog post.

Comments

• Options
     I love the idea of certain diseases that can only be healed in certain buildings.
    But I'm a bit of a sucker for more hardcore mechanics .
    Diseases you get from fighting certain creatures though not from any diseased arrows etc or else everyone will be one big plague fest haha.
    This means also as a player you can start a healing clinic business stand alone even seperate from a Tavern ...another career in AOC is a good thing i say!
  • Options
    From a role-play perspective its a great idea, but in reality I would not want to stop fighting or what ever I was doing and find a Hospital. I'd find it a major drag. I'd rather get healed in the field either by a healer or a potion.
  • Options
    Mozsta69 said:
     I love the idea of certain diseases that can only be healed in certain buildings.
    Diseases you get from fighting certain creatures though not from any diseased arrows etc or else everyone will be one big plague fest haha.
    This means also as a player you can start a healing clinic business stand alone even seperate from a Tavern ...another career in AOC is a good thing i say!
    i like the idea of certain mobs, like say trogladites giving you a disease for a period of time without proper care.

• Options
    Since clerics should be able to heal almost anything then making a 'hospital' would be pointless unless there was some disease in game that the cleric class can't heal, if they restricted healing certain afflictions to hospitals only I wouldn't like that since it wouldn't make much sense.
  • Options
    I imagine some class will have a remove curse spell or something like that.
  • Options
    Temples set up as "healing bays" seems more likely to me.
    It takes a lot to run a hospital, even a video game one I would think.
  • Options
    What if there were plagues? And the only way to cue them was to visit a hospital it healer?

Each node could quarantine against Elf Syphilis in their own way
  • Options
    NoeSparks said:
    Mozsta69 said:
    i like the idea of certain mobs, like say trogladites giving you a disease for a period of time without proper care.

Absolutely spot on 
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    What if there were plagues? And the only way to cue them was to visit a hospital it healer?

Each node could quarantine against Elf Syphilis in their own way
    I got a feeling your hating on Elves, must be my imagination :smirk: