Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

END GAME

what is end game ? in my opinion end game is just that the end of the game no need to play anymore i.m glad to read that A.O.C. doesn't like that word

so I was wondering if there is so info out there on content for maxed lvl players

or do enyone have some new ideas 

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited January 2018
    Raids, sieges, unlocking new storylines, caravans, guild vs guild, monster coins, PvE events that we trigger when unlocking said storylines. Theres tons of content. I remember them talking about achievements and collecting as well, that's also a form of content.

Forgot the arena system for pvpers. There will also be leaderboards for PvP and PvE and that's also a form of competitive content.
  • Options
    Travelling in contested areas to find new content. Since higher level content is node level dependent once you have exhausted yourself on your home areas content, it will be necessary to leave the safe environs of citizenship and travel to other built up areas to experience their content. Which they may not like. And try to kill you repeatedly for trying to do. With no fast travel, no port to friend, no que and port to dungeon planned, getting to your "endgame" will be an adventure on its own. It won't be just log on, bang your head against some raid mechanics for a couple hours, log off, and do it again the next day. You will have to make your team, get everyone to the content in reasonable shape, do your content, and gtfo. Run out of stuff to do and "everyone" is bitching that they are tired of RAID ZX? Then band with like minded people and knock stuff down, allowing other nodes to develop, and unlock new content. Since this is a process that takes time and effort, no reason to be bored.
  • Options
    You shouldn't need to be max level to do anything. Being max level will likely make things easier though. Besides, they are implementing lateral progression, so max level might not be the end all of your characters progression.

For me, when I can craft the best tier of whatever craft I choose I will be at my desired power level, max level or not.
  • Options
    End Game IMO is just when you max your Skill and EXP, and your only doing raids and battle grounds.
  • Options
    To Me End game is when you have already gone through the content and now all you have to do is repeat the content you have already done because there is nothing new to do that one considers worth doing.
  • Options
    End game to me is when there is nothing left to do which is a bad thing for an mmo
  • Options
    End game in mmo's refers to what you can do once you reach max level, finish the story and get the best gear I guess, well for Ashes there seems to be a lot of different activities to do, if I remember correctly players can have their own inns, so managing one would be a form of end game.
  • Options

great answers

I do hope end game as we know it is a thing of the past

looks like there going in the right direction

• Options
    I think it will be pretty hard to even know when you reached the "endgame" :) There will be much to do. Lets say you fought in countless fights and that "bores" you and you want to go somewhere else maybe and start over new, with the money you made. So you just go, maybe with some like minded friends, and live in another node, where you want to build up a stable and sell the best mounts :D two months later your stable somehow "developed" into a tavern because you had mor fun that way. Then you decide its time to sell your tavern and with that money you go to an economic city and try to make a fortune there. Soon after you arrived other nodes want to attack your new home and you have to battle again. And so on and so on and so on ^^
  • Options
    If AoC does it right with the destruction of Nodes there could be no real End Game as nodes siege each other. Would love to see real node struggle to achieve lvl 5.