Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

World Changing Quests...What would you like to see happen?

With World bosses and Huge raids on the table.

How would you like to see a world changing quest handled?

Me, I would love to see a Pass/ Fail to the quest. If your server doesn't finish it or fails it, you get change B, if you Pass it then you get change A.

Also, to what level of change you get, should be tied to bonus content, finish the side quests, then you can max good change under A, if you finish the side quests but don't pass the main quest, then your negative change will not be as bad.

Example of the bad change would be zombies cover the whole land, and a hidden dark land is uncovered. Now a new Epic boss type endangers everyone. Then you have the positive side of the coin, you gain a new area to explore with perks, and maybe a epic treasure has to be found, giving solo players a bonus, and a guild  new powers to use in the game once found. Just  an idea.

So how do you see something like this handled?

Comments

• Options
    Well I probably will not answer the question but what I would like is after certain open world bosses are defeated or dungeons and open world raids defeated there would be some event happening like the one with the zombies or a one very few people would know about like a questline that once the first person completes he gets awarded by a legendary item.  Did I answer the question? probably no but I just wanted to say something.
  • Options
    Well failing quests leaves a bad taste for some, so maybe failing to get a different outcome shouldn't always be the case but rather having 2 different ways to accomplish the quest would be better in my opinion (remember that finishing a quest doesn't have to mean a positive outcome) but the overall idea is nice.
  • Options
    Fiastos said:
    Well I probably will not answer the question but what I would like is after certain open world bosses are defeated or dungeons and open world raids defeated there would be some event happening like the one with the zombies or a one very few people would know about like a questline that once the first person completes he gets awarded by a legendary item.  Did I answer the question? probably no but I just wanted to say something.
    Sure, no one said you have to give a long answer, just by adding the Legendry item drop would be cool. But really how could that be done fairly? Maybe the one person who does that most damage and survives gets it?  Gotta love the super rare weapons and armor.
  • Options
    Well failing quests leaves a bad taste for some, so maybe failing to get a different outcome shouldn't always be the case but rather having 2 different ways to accomplish the quest would be better in my opinion (remember that finishing a quest doesn't have to mean a positive outcome) but the overall idea is nice.

I was just thinking we always have people finishing the quest, there isn't ever a failed quest, you just restart it and do it again. But in AoC why not do it a little differently, maybe have a timer on the World Event Quest, it must be finished by X amount of time, or the next shoe drops, and you have to do a little more to get thins done to finish. Miss the next timer, and you start seeing world changing effects.

Just tossing out ideas. IMO if we have events that will shape the world, and each server can and will be different. Why not have a World Event Quest part of that major shack  up from time to time.

• Options
    Granthor said:

I was just thinking we always have people finishing the quest, there isn't ever a failed quest, you just restart it and do it again. But in AoC why not do it a little differently, maybe have a timer on the World Event Quest, it must be finished by X amount of time, or the next shoe drops, and you have to do a little more to get thins done to finish. Miss the next timer, and you start seeing world changing effects.

Just tossing out ideas. IMO if we have events that will shape the world, and each server can and will be different. Why not have a World Event Quest part of that major shack  up from time to time.

Oh yeah I get it, well world chaning events have already been declared as the node levels so will different events happen (zombie hordes have been confirmed) also there was some talk that depending how players will deal with certain events there will be different consequences, so time limits will definately be in place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMvubbX-SHg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44HChA1Kkfk

It was mentioned somewhere in one of those videos, overall I like the idea that you gave, in fact I'm all in for it, I just hate having 'failed' quests in my quest log so it kind of prickled my skin :cry:
  • Options
    I think it would be interesting to see quests that effect NPC lives and when you're around them, they will reference it somewhere in the game. 
    Maybe when the dragon or monster comes out from the mountain, the lava that spews out destroys the lands around it and they become inhospitable for a few in-game years. 
  • Options
    makinoji said:
    I think it would be interesting to see quests that effect NPC lives and when you're around them, they will reference it somewhere in the game. 
    Maybe when the dragon or monster comes out from the mountain, the lava that spews out destroys the lands around it and they become inhospitable for a few in-game years. 
    I think the destroyed lands were also mentioned in the videos above ^^ but I would really like to see what kind of effects those big events have on the people and monsters, maybe some intellectual monsters giving their opinions on the matter (non-hostile monsters turing hostile for the sake of survival)