Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What is your best party setup, based off the class list?

Your making a party to do a dungeon run. So based off the names only on the list, who is part of your team?

1. 4 person team

2. 6 person team

3. 8 person team

4. 16 person raid team

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited January 2018
    Personally I think 12 person team. Not to big not to small just right ;) 👍 1 of each class and rest is opinion.
  • Options
    if we go by what we think is the most optimized for each setup, i would say...

For a 4 person team
    Tank and Cleric + Rogue/Fighter/Ranger + Mage/Bard/Summoner

For 6 person team
    Tank and Cleric + Rogue/Fighter + Ranger/Mage + Bard/Summoner + any

For a 8 person team
    one of each class

for a 16 person team
    two of each class
  • Options
    Tank + Cleric/Cleric
    Tank + Cleric/Bard
    4 AOE?
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Enrif said:
    if we go by what we think is the most optimized for each setup, i would say...

For a 4 person team
    Tank and Cleric + Rogue/Fighter/Ranger + Mage/Bard/Summoner

For 6 person team
    Tank and Cleric + Rogue/Fighter + Ranger/Mage + Bard/Summoner + any

For a 8 person team
    one of each class

for a 16 person team
    two of each class
    Sounds good to me 👍
    I think in each team there should be at least 1 tank and 1 healthier 1 to take damage and 1 to heal others and rest is opinion. After 10 player  party I think in a team you  should  have 2 tank and 2 healthier again rest in opinion.
  • Options
    As many tanks needed, as many healers needed, rest ranged dps.
  • Options
    @Granthor I think it is still too hard to say for now, because most of the classes and its spells have not been revealed yet. But my guess would be:

1. 4 person team - I think 1x Tank + 1x Cleric is a must for survival purposes. The last 2 should be the dmg dealers to clear the waves out. I think I would prefer 1x Mage + 1x Summoner, maybe even 2x Mages.

2. 6 person team - I think it should go the same way as it goes with 4 person team, but additionally I would add 1 more sup and 1 more dmg dealer, so I would pref a 1x Bard +  1x Ranger/Rogue, or even 1x additional Mage, so in total it could be 2x Mages + 1x Summoner from the dmg output perspective. 

3. 8 person team - This is getting much trickier to tell, because as I mentioned before we still do not know how some classes work. For example, in SilkroadOnline, you needed 2x Bards in a party to create a special "dance" spell. You could not do it with a 1x Bard. That dance spell was increasing your magical damage output by ~30%, so the mages in a party could clear the waves much faster. No need to forget that together with that they could create an aura, which reduced physical or magical damage income by the same amount(you could choose depending on the monsters type). Another unknown factor is about the tanks. How their protection will work. Will it split the damage income to the whole party, or will he be the only one that soaks the dmg. All in all, I would guess that this type of party should look like this:
      - 2x Tanks;
      - 1x Cleric; 
      - 1x Bard;
      - 1x Rogue/Ranger (to lure the monsters);
      - 3x damage dealers. The best scenario might be 2x Mages + 1x Summoner. 
      Or
      - 2x Tanks;
      - 1x Cleric;
      - 2x Bards;
      - 1x Rogue/Ranger;
      - 2x damage dealers. 2x Mage or 1x Mage + 1x Summoner.
      * This is a similar choice like the 1st one, just having a little bit more supportive benefits in exchange of some damaging power.
      Or
      - 1x Tank;
      - 1x Cleric;
      - 2x Bards;
      - 1x Rogue/Ranger;
      - 3x damage dealers. 2x Mages + 1x Summoner.
      * This is an aggressive way of leveling. I think this would start working the moment when the party members have higher than a mid range gear. It also depends on which level monsters you will be leveling up(the difference between the party and monsters).

4. 16 person raid team. There is no such thing in plans of AoE right now (If I am not mistaken). Unless I missed something. But if you are talking about having few parties in a single raid - it should go the same way as 8x person parties, just multiplied by 2 :) Of course, you should take a look at what kind of raid is that and focus on the specifics of it. 

To sum everything up, I think these types of parties may or even should look like. Unfortunately, this is still too random, because of so many unknown variables we have right now. We should not forget the level differences between party and the monsters that the party is leveling at, also important thing is the gear that the party is wearing and the most importantly - we do not know how does those spells work. I just can't wait to know more!
  • Options
    @Granthor I think it is still too hard to say for now, because most of the classes and its spells have not been revealed yet. But my guess would be:

1. 4 person team - I think 1x Tank + 1x Cleric is a must for survival purposes. The last 2 should be the dmg dealers to clear the waves out. I think I would prefer 1x Mage + 1x Summoner, maybe even 2x Mages.

2. 6 person team - I think it should go the same way as it goes with 4 person team, but additionally I would add 1 more sup and 1 more dmg dealer, so I would pref a 1x Bard +  1x Ranger/Rogue, or even 1x additional Mage, so in total it could be 2x Mages + 1x Summoner from the dmg output perspective. 

3. 8 person team - This is getting much trickier to tell, because as I mentioned before we still do not know how some classes work. For example, in SilkroadOnline, you needed 2x Bards in a party to create a special "dance" spell. You could not do it with a 1x Bard. That dance spell was increasing your magical damage output by ~30%, so the mages in a party could clear the waves much faster. No need to forget that together with that they could create an aura, which reduced physical or magical damage income by the same amount(you could choose depending on the monsters type). Another unknown factor is about the tanks. How their protection will work. Will it split the damage income to the whole party, or will he be the only one that soaks the dmg. All in all, I would guess that this type of party should look like this:
      - 2x Tanks;
      - 1x Cleric; 
      - 1x Bard;
      - 1x Rogue/Ranger (to lure the monsters);
      - 3x damage dealers. The best scenario might be 2x Mages + 1x Summoner. 
      Or
      - 2x Tanks;
      - 1x Cleric;
      - 2x Bards;
      - 1x Rogue/Ranger;
      - 2x damage dealers. 2x Mage or 1x Mage + 1x Summoner.
      * This is a similar choice like the 1st one, just having a little bit more supportive benefits in exchange of some damaging power.
      Or
      - 1x Tank;
      - 1x Cleric;
      - 2x Bards;
      - 1x Rogue/Ranger;
      - 3x damage dealers. 2x Mages + 1x Summoner.
      * This is an aggressive way of leveling. I think this would start working the moment when the party members have higher than a mid range gear. It also depends on which level monsters you will be leveling up(the difference between the party and monsters).

4. 16 person raid team. There is no such thing in plans of AoE right now (If I am not mistaken). Unless I missed something. But if you are talking about having few parties in a single raid - it should go the same way as 8x person parties, just multiplied by 2 :) Of course, you should take a look at what kind of raid is that and focus on the specifics of it. 

To sum everything up, I think these types of parties may or even should look like. Unfortunately, this is still too random, because of so many unknown variables we have right now. We should not forget the level differences between party and the monsters that the party is leveling at, also important thing is the gear that the party is wearing and the most importantly - we do not know how does those spells work. I just can't wait to know more!

I like how you put your teams together, and yes I agree it's too early to say how it will work in AoC. But given the name of the class, and what you know of them from other games, the point was to see how you feel would be a good break down for a party. So far people are using what they know, no one is touching what they don't know. In my mind why not add a spell sword to your party, might be an X-Factor to what your doing, or even a Necromancer for the undead element they can bring. So many combos to pick, without knowing their abilities in game, we are only left with a guess.

We will know more in the Alpha 1 and 2 maybe, and it will be even more clear once we hit the betas.

• Options
    Knight
    Shaman
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Probbaly
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    16 person raid team. There is no such thing in plans of AoE right now (If I am not mistaken). Unless I missed something. But if you are talking about having few parties in a single raid - it should go the same way as 8x person parties, just multiplied by 2 :) Of course, you should take a look at what kind of raid is that and focus on the specifics of it.
    The plan is to have 40 man raids and 8 man groups.
  • Options
    16 rogues

... and then just to find an unaware mage picking a flower.
  • Options
    All Bards.  How can an enemy slay such tasty riffs?
  • Options
    No matter the size of the team, just get all Bards. It will not be a party, It will be a....BARTY! Wahooo! 
  • Options
    So my optimal team comp is based on the 8 player party. It's geared toward my personal play style and limited by my narrow understanding of the current classes.

Tank
    Healer
    Buffer/Off-Healer
    Ranged DPS
    Ranged DPS
    Melee DPS
    AOE DPS
    Summoner

The thought here is you can spread people out, minimize any movement AOE damage thus the two Ranged over the single Melee. The AOE DPS can be either, but Ranged preference (mage likely). In theory you could also swap out the Summoner for an Off Tank if needed. 

I don't feel I can be more specific than that with current information available.