Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The First Thing You Will Do?

What is the first thing that you will do once you actually log in to the world after creating your character?

Will you quench your thirst for exploration and wander the vast lands of Ashes of Creation?

Or will you strategically find a node to start settling in and building a community?

Maybe a life of creative crafting calls to you and the promise of wealth once you sell them?

The possibilities are endless!

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited January 2018
    Buy a bottle of wine or 2 :)
  • Options
    Spend a week making character after character, spending hours making each character look just right and creating a back story for each one, all to figure out which class I REALLY want to play, only to go back to the first character I made.
  • Options
    Gonna lock in the 2-3 character names I want, then make a test character to get a feel for the game. Then probably go find a node that I want to be in. The kickstarter video super sold me on this game with their focus on economy. That's the stuff I love.
  • Options
    I plan on exploring and getting started with being a tamer.
  • Options
    Make a throwaway character, instantly start attacking people around spawn and go full red.

Obviously, I wouldn't stay on that character, but it'll be a great way to kick things off!
  • Options
    I will try out my mage spells! After that I will explore and explore and explore... I will have to find some time to sleep tho :)
  • Options
    for Alpha 1 I will climb the highest peak (and hopefully not get stuck inside the mountain like in another MMORPG I played)!

I always love to explore my environment when I first start any game (so long as it's not the first day the game launches in this case persistent Alpha 2 because I like to level alongside those who were most hyped about the game).
  • Options
    Sw684 said:
    Get a bottle of wine or 2 :)
    Ensure i am not disturbed for a weekend? :)
  • Options
    Update my list.
    Image result for arya stark kill list meme
  • Options
    Look into the screen for 5 minutes not reacting because it will actually be out and then just do quests and explore the world that way and also meet people during them.
  • Options
    Realize my character doesn't look like I thought they did from the creator, sigh, CTD, curse, restart game, delete character and start over.
  • Options
    Realize my character doesn't look like I thought they did from the creator, sigh, CTD, curse, restart game, delete character and start over.
    Exactly what I will do.
  • Options
    Take 2 weeks off of work and then I plan to level as quickly as possible since I'm more interested in the end-game pvp. Later I do plan to roll an alt and leisurely level.
  • Options
    I would explore around a Node area looking for the perfect spot to open my  Herb shop!
    Then id go exploring for the rarest herbs oooh yeah!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Open up my map and find out where the hell I am. Look for a friendly NPC who tells you what you have to do or where to go. Make new friends and block list aholes. Try to enjoy the game, learn the game and all other new systems.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    After character creation and setting foot into the world of Verra, the first of many things that I'll be doing is the tutorial (If there is one) and then try to accomplish as many of the storylines as possible. They should allow me to gain a better understanding of the lore and physics behind the game an... WHO AM I KIDDING?! IM GONNA SPAWN KILL AAAALLL YOU B**CHES! IMA MAKE YOU ROT LIKE NO FISH HAS EVER ROTTED BEFORE!! HAHAHAHAHA!... uhum (*Clears throat*)...☺️ And that is what I'll be doing on my first day after stepping into Verra. Thanks you. 👍
  • Options
    Scream in discord with the guild and jizz al over the place
  • Options
    Start dancing for money. Need that cash money for my new crib
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I will most likely... will have a fairly developed game plan in mind after I participate in Alpha 2.
    I will quickly try to spread my own and my guilds influence across various nodes in hopes that when the nodes progress I can unlock something useful to propel me forward..... Then we can have a dance party event for @kimonojuly and get the community bumping 
     :) 

• Options
    Build the best tavern in all the lands. 
  • Options
    well , 

Ive decided that im going to take 2 weeks vacation for the release :) I get 5 weeks a year so why not. Im going to get a full 8 hours sleep + a nap before i go into the game..and get comfy in my man cave with the curtains drawn and room blacked out. And settle in to not seeing day light for at least 3-4 days. I'll make my 1st character and just take my sweet time. I plan on spending a lot of time in this world.

• Options
    I'll have an extremely detailed list of things that I would like to accomplish within a certain time span. Do the things, get the loots, drink the rums kinda stuff.

However, it is highly likely that will devolve into:

-Create character
    -Give character a fabulous beard.
    -Spawn.
    -Realize I did not spawn in an area I really like.
    -Attempt to run towards the coast to find a coastal node.
    -Get killed by higher level mobs on the way.
    -Respawn and lose sense of direction.
    -Die repeatedly while trying to get there due to my stubborn nature.
    -Die again.
    -Say 'screw it' and settle down in the next place I respawn.
  • Options
    Kitzi said:
    Spend a week making character after character, spending hours making each character look just right and creating a back story for each one, all to figure out which class I REALLY want to play, only to go back to the first character I made.
    Hahaha. This is me too. I hope playing a few characters is practical.
  • Options
    Explore. Just walk through this beautiful land and hope that I don't run into high level monsters or players.
  • Options
    After I grow a beard because it took me forever to design my lass I’ll pick a direction and just run... “not all that wander are lost” except me I will most definitely get lost. I plan on making a mage first and looking for hidden doors and making a homestead and try to put a tavern on it.
  • Options
    Well if this game turns out to be a hit, I would actually create my character (human or dwarf) and start leveling and exploring as soon as possible. Eventually receive a vision from a deity and create a guild that is based on killing all elves as they are heretics and a affront to god(s).  If I am lucky with enough followers, we shall create a religious order that would murder any elves that ventured in the area we settle in.

Eventually it will spread far and wide that this territory should be avoided if you are an elf or you need to conceal yourself well because failure will result in you being lynched.
  • Options
    I'm going to find my node and claim my piece on the outer edge. Explore outward from there

• Options
    Pooka will create Pooka.
  • Options
    Explore... going into all these taverns people want to build (but they wont be built then)... React to world events and new dungeons... travel around some more, making a lot of friends in a lot of different places + going on adventures with them. I want to find cool people and a guild when Im actually playing, not before or never. Where I find the most cool people, I will settle down. 

• Options
    Depending on how in-depth it is. Spend a good few hours on character creation.