Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Top 3 most played archetypes

Which top 3 main archetypes do you think will be played the most?

My three would be:
Tank, mage and rogue

Comments

• Options
    I think Tank, Cleric and Ranger
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited January 2018
    Mage Ranger Fighter/Summoner

then Tank Rogue Cleric
  • Options
    1. Tank - because parties will hardly work without a tank.
    2. Mage/Summoner - Party needs a damage dealer :)
    3. Cleric/Bard - Supports are taking very important role in the party.

I think these roles will be the most wanted roles in the party.

I will be going for Mage myself :blush:
  • Options

I'm torn between a Mage and Cleric. I've played Mage in every MMO but something about a Cleric is really drawing my interest.
  • Options
    murkin said:
    I'm torn between a Mage and Cleric. I've played Mage in every MMO but something about a Cleric is really drawing my interest.
    It still goes to the top 3 archetypes :lol:

• Options
    murkin said:
    It still goes to the top 3 archetypes :lol:

• Options

this thread is about most played and not most wanted ;) 
    in most Games i have played, it was always harder to find a healer then a tank ^^
  • Options
    Im going for mage, summoner, fighter.
  • Options
     I think Mage, Summoner, rouge 
  • Options
    probbaly fighter mage rogue otherwise summoner instead of fighter.
  • Options

well to me it all come down to pvp vs pve

pvp   would be rogue , mage , cleric

pve   would be tank , mage , cleric

• Options
    Rogue Mage and Cleric initially then it will level set a bit and you'll see more tanks by a slight amount
  • Options
    Fighter/Mage/Cleric
  • Options
    History shows tank and healer classes are the least played. Highly unlikely it will change in AoC. Fighter-Mage-Ranger i think
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Mage/rogue/cleric.

With the all flexibility we have and how necessary clerics will be, i think people will be surprised by how many people pick them as a base class.
  • Options
    Rogue, Mage then probably Ranger or Fighter. Tanks/Healers/Support classes are always the least played in MMOs. DPS classes are always the most played though the top 3 changes every now and then due to balance changes or new discoveries. There's always a flavour of the month class. Typically though the traditional classes are often most played.
  • Options
    Rogue (i like stealing shit), fighter/paladin (i like healing myself), and ranger (i like having a pet)
  • Options
    Ranger, Cleric, Mage.
  • Options
    Thinking back at all the MMOs Pooka has played over the years, it's typically something along the lines of Ranger, Fighter (of sorts), and a Hybrid (Clerics are most likely to cover this role best).  Rogues have a burst of popularity at the launch of MMOs but they die down A LOT after a month or so.  People like to see big numbers and Rogues aren't about big numbers.  Mages take time to cast spells so it doesn't appeal to a lot of player bases.  Summoner has always been a niche in most MMOs, tanks and healers to a degree are normally the least played.
  • Options
    I hope there isn't a most played class. AoC is an opportunity to permanently break the Triad. Leave them behind and maybe grasp something new. Play a paladin so you don't need a healer. A bladedancer, cultist, or whatever combining a summoner with a ranger gets you, may not be the best at what you do, but maybe you'll be able to do something nobody else can do.

• Options
    Lusiphur said:
    I hope there isn't a most played class. AoC is an opportunity to permanently break the Triad. Leave them behind and maybe grasp something new. Play a paladin so you don't need a healer. A bladedancer, cultist, or whatever combining a summoner with a ranger gets you, may not be the best at what you do, but maybe you'll be able to do something nobody else can do.

It breaks the triad in the fact that there is four types of roles in the get go.  Support, DPS, Tank, and Healer.  Healer can't necessarily be thrown into the support category because you have the buff/debuff masters in Bard or whatever else IS decides to throw in that pool.  However, Pooka hopes there are specific things that each individual class brings something unique to the table.  It'd be cool to be able to think out a party composition and it change for each bit of different content.  Having an extremely modular class system would really add some umph to the deciding factor on a final party composition.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Would be interesting to make a survey on what people are planning on playing at launch and seeing the results so far. I know there have been a few on the forums but this a more niche community of players than what will be there at launch. I'm sure there are going to be more DPS players than what the last few surveys have suggested.

(edited because I forgot how to English)
  • Options
    Cleric, Summoner, Ranger 
  • Options
    I personally think that High Priest will be pretty popular given that it takes healing and augments it with more healing. Then Archemage for the high DPS I'm hoping it will bring and then finally the Necromancer as people seem to love death and pets in MMOs like Age of Conan.
  • Options
    Would love to see lots of orcs. are the orcs human side or  smaller? 
  • Options
    Poisonlvy said:
    Would be interesting to make a survey on what people are planning on playing at launch and seeing the results so far. I know there have been a few on the forums but this a more niche community of players than what will be there at launch. I'm sure there are going to be more DPS players than what the last few surveys have suggested.

(edited because I forgot how to English)
    I'll go through the thread and put the results together.