Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

"Base Creation" /Nodes

Hello all  i and a friend were wondering about something we both like  "crafting" or Base building  like 7 Days to Die , ARK , Conan , Life is Feudal when we can build our base like "we" want to  so my question is will we be able to do this on this game ?  

I know about the "Nodes"  and that if we increase our node on that Region the "town" grows but i did notice that one Region had several small "towns" so im guessing  thats for different guild and stuff.

Well hopefully someone can clarify this if we  can build our own or not ?

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited January 2018
    In the way that you get to build your own destructible base that others can attack or defend, then no. The nodes have specific templates based on the current racial, climate, node type, and and other factors that affect the terrain around it. Players do NOT affect the terrain in permanent ways beyond this mechanic as far as we know. There are mines, and once tapped out of resources may change in appearance.(unconfirmed) If you are looking for a full loot gank fest like ARK, Conan or the others you listed you are going to be disappointed. The siege mechanic for nodes is not a "fuck with people whenever you like" mechanic. It takes a set number of days depending on the node level once declared before the 2 hour siege begins, and there is a 10x declaration period after that before it can be sieged again. So if you decide to amass the resources to attack a village, you declare, wait the two days, then try to take the town. If successful then you can raze the town or cause the node to delevel based on the initial level of the node. For a two hour period after that Freeholds are able to come under attack.
    If by "several small towns" you meant the freeholds, then yes, those you can place at your whim, as long as it meets the terrain requirements for space. They cannot be raided by others unless a siege is lost and only during the window following. 

TL:DR No, if you're looking for a full loot zerg ball gank fest where you take others stuff while they are offline or grief single players constantly, not going to be the game for you.
  • Options
    Thanks for the Response but is there anything any Info about those "FreeHolds" ?? and how they work ?
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited January 2018
    Lots of info out there in previous livestreams and interviews. Here are some quotes from da man.

This is only a small portion of the info out there so far. Just got tired of dragging and dropping quotes. Good luck in your quest for information. There is a plethora of it out there for those that spend the time and look.

• Options
    Thanks for the info  hopefully it will look for small "groups" :)
  • Options
    @UnknownSystemError It seems like this guy comes, reads the post and reacts like this: 

But then takes a deep breath and explains everything from the roots. Keep it up! :lol:
  • Options
    @UnknownSystemError It seems like this guy comes, reads the post and reacts like this: 

But then takes a deep breath and explains everything from the roots. Keep it up! :lol:
    I dont complain hehe :) but thanks a lot for the info .. just wish they made a VIDEO about FreeHolds.
  • Options
    Timestamp 34:00 for visuals on freeholds. If you are looking for a blog post like nodes part 1 or such, then no. They probably have been working on other core systems in preparation for Alpha 1 later this year. The Q&A section of a few livestreams also give more information about those systems. When starting out it is best to search around May 2017. This is when they were kicking out a livestream every few days trying to get us to part with our cash during Kickstarter.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uciomKoptqU&t=3107s
  • Options
    Timestamp 34:00 for visuals on freeholds. If you are looking for a blog post like nodes part 1 or such, then no. They probably have been working on other core systems in preparation for Alpha 1 later this year. The Q&A section of a few livestreams also give more information about those systems. When starting out it is best to search around May 2017. This is when they were kicking out a livestream every few days trying to get us to part with our cash during Kickstarter.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uciomKoptqU&t=3107s

I like this dude /Gal :) Thanks i know we are desperate but still hehe