Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Some new guy questions and concerns pt2

How many abilities do we think will be in the game? I remember good old wow having a huge selection with multiple ways to solve problems. Going from the pax videos, it doesn't seem like too too much. 

Do do we know if non repeatable content will be in the game? I think it's an important angle to have in a game. 

Do do we know if there will be no quest markers, and just quest discriptions and land marks? Personally I hope yes. But if no quest markers how do we plan on combating 3rd party programs and websites?

Do do we know if there will be some fantasy elements such as werewolves, vampires, ext?

Comments

• Options
    There will be many skills for you to choose from, but you won't get to put them all in the action bar cluttering your screen.

As for the non repeatable content, I'm not entirely sure, but since most content is going to be community driven, there is going to be things locked out of your specific server that you may never see again unless the community bands together to unlock it again.

They have mentioned no handholding and I do remember an early KS livestream where they mentioned no quest markers. I could be wrong my memory is a bit vague on thisone.

for the Security, they are making sure to make it a part of the design in the game unlike other games that only implement it after launch when the problem is already there, Intrepid is working hard to build a system that from Day 1 will have security measures against gold sellers, botters, and cheaters in general. They are also working together with some third parties like panopticon labs to ensure that they miss a little as possible.

I don't know if they will go with that kind of Fantasy, they are strong in Fantasy though with dragons, magic, orcs, elves, I think it's more of a tolkien Fantasy instead of Vampyrs, mummies and that kind of gothic stuff.
  • Options
    Remember, PAX footage was pre Alpha-0 2017.
    Alpha 1 doesn't start until later this year. There will likely be several changes between PAX and final product.