Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Which phoenix design do you like better?

#1#2

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited January 2018
    #1 would be much cooler if they reworked the head. It just looks so weird to me.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    2nd look to much like a  tree personally I think you should combine the both into one 
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    It does but I think that's kinda the point.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    They both look good in there own right I do like the 2nd as you can see the name AOC and  how it flows in the letters. I also like the black and white it simple but looks good it not over the top. I think if you have the phoenix from the 1st picture smaller and  in black and white in the 2nd picture with the Aoc name it be perfect personally. But 2nd is a good design anyhow I love all the art work here.
  • Options
    Pooka feels the black and white has its own aura about it, making it seem much more.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I voted 1 because i like the colour . but id like to see #2 with an edge outline of the image using the colours from one. Maybe some wisped Highlights in the image of the orange flame colour as well. 

• Options
    at least the first one is recocnizable shape
  • Options
    twooooooo
  • Options
    Neither
  • Options
    Sw684 said:
    2nd look to much like a  tree personally I think you should combine the both into one 

It IS a tree. Look at the roots.

It is a combination of tree, set on fire, it's branches burning, and a phoenix in the same time.

Second one is a better balance between a tree and a phoenix, that's why i like it more.

First one is mostly a phoenix with some small roots.
  • Options
    I like the colours in the first one the best the second one looks a little bit deforemed
  • Options
    Sw684 said:
    @Sw684 I thought the same that the second reminds me of a tree more.
  • Options
    Sw684 said:

Exactly!

• Options
    The second phoenix design looks like a rough sketch on paper; when passion for the idea needed to be represented by an icon, the artist, with the project details still fresh in their memory,
    put pencil to paper and produced this organic/asymmetric design.

The first one looks like a businessman told the artist to take their initial design and make it "marketable".
  • Options
    They both look great but if we're talking about the phoenix only then I must say the first one.
  • Options
    I think the number 2, I just prefer the style.
  • Options
    I really like how they've managed to make it look like a phoenix and a tree at the same time. It captures the growth that will be present in the world as we experience it and also that long dead dynasties and cities won't always stay that way...