Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Do you feel a few class names need to be changed?

I was watching a POD cast the other day, and the topic of the names of the classes came up. They said somewhere good, but a few didn't sound right, and maybe should be changed.

How does everyone here feel about the names of the classes. Based on the combos being use, do you feel that's the best name for that class?

Or should a new name be used in place of the current one?

Comments

• As testing continues I'm sure Intrepid will listen to player feedback.

For example, when I was Beta Testing Star Wars: The Old Republic, they originally were going to name the "force using" Jedi class a "Jedi Wizard." After much feedback they eventually changed it to "Jedi Sage."

With that said, I am very doubtful we'll have significant change from what's been shown. Nor do I see any class combinations that appear so misnamed as to cause an uproar. As we play the actual combinations it might become apparent that a different name is better than what we have. If Intrepid comes to agree we will see those changes.
  • things like names aren't something i think we should be worrying about.
    we should start to worry when poor mechanics are implemented that could hurt the games success. 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited January 2018
    I like the names personally.

• I don't really care too much about what the class names are, but I am surprised to see there isn't a classic Shadow Knight/Dread Knight/Dread Lord class. There doesn't seem to be an archetype that would include the fear and lifetap mechanics.

I find it particularly odd because fear and lifetaps seem like very interesting mechanics for PvP battles.
  • No.

I think most of the names are alignment neutral for a reason. There are no innate factions that have to be adhered to.

Supposedly, if you worship a darker god you can gain skins that reflect that. So you might be a Highsword or a Templar, but you could potentially look evil and do evil quest for your darker god (potentially, it's been awhile since I have heard about this and lore is top secret).

Besides, you can consider yourself anything!
  • Nope.