Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Healer types you'd like to see in Ashes

Having played MMOs as a DPS (Rift, Age of Conan, WoW, EQ2, UO, Archeage, Black Desert etc) for more hours than I'd like to admit over the years, I finally stumbled onto healers and was instantly hooked. One that always sticks out in my mind is the Chloromancer from Rift, a plant based healer-mage that could restore the party through dealing damage, you could also designate a primary target to receive the most replenishment. Are there any particular healers or types of healing you'd love to see in Ashes?

Comments

• Options
    Cleric healers in Ashes have been confirmed to use life balance magic, they do aoe damage and turn that into heals. So I think you will be happy with that mechanic!

I would like to see a direct up close move where the Cleric touches an enemy for a small stun/life-drain effect and touches a player at the same time for a small buff/heal effect. Something that would allow you to see the life-force drain, pass through the cleric, change colors, and flow into the player. That might be too hard to pull off for a few reasons though...
  • Options
    Awesome, thanks for confirming that it was something I didn't know but is a welcome surprise!

Watching the life force drain from your enemies and into your allies would be cool and would tie in nicely with a melee based cleric.Could almost be an ultimate where you grab an ally and an enemy then it happens, although having those in the right proximity may be a bit difficult.
  • Options
    As a tank and damage dealer i find that seeing your life force being sucked away and given to those you are trying to kill is rather disturbing. leaves me with nightmares every time. ;)
  • Options
    Azathoth said:
    Cleric healers in Ashes have been confirmed to use life balance magic, they do aoe damage and turn that into heals. So I think you will be happy with that mechanic!

I would like to see a direct up close move where the Cleric touches an enemy for a small stun/life-drain effect and touches a player at the same time for a small buff/heal effect. Something that would allow you to see the life-force drain, pass through the cleric, change colors, and flow into the player. That might be too hard to pull off for a few reasons though...
    This poses another question for me, it'll be scary as fuck if you can find mobs or bosses that have the same ability, still would make for an exciting encounter 
  • Options
    I think wow has a good combination of healers, hope ashes will have a lot of variety to.
  • Options
    I certainly hope so, a balance of melee and ranged, plus different types of healing like nature, holy etc. With the number of classes there should hopefully be something for everyone.
  • Options
    I would like to see evil healers that heal and corrupt you at the same time. Like, if you heal 25% you gain 12% corruption, if you heal 50% you gain 25% corruption, and if you heal 100% you gain 50% corruption. When you become 100% corrupt people attack you. This way there's a price to pay for being healed. 

This won't work in a battle, only when you're not in a battle but, they could do a thing so if a healer becomes corrupt their heals also become corrupt for a certain amount of time. So like, say Bob is your healer and he becomes corrupt, then you fight something, Bob's heals will also corrupt the team during the battle. 
  • Options
    i wanna see lay on hands make a comeback to clerics and paladins.