Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The contents of the tavern

Hello I hope that this question has not yet been asked if it is the case I have a bad search.

Talk about tavern but what will be contained? Card games? Information seller, quests, drink?

Comments

• Options
    Some of this has been confirmed; tavern games quest, and food/drink.
    As for information brokers, I have not seen any confirmation, denial, or otherwise questions posed. I am a fan of information brokers in anime/manga, so this would be nice to see for me as well.
  • Options
    Just an abundance of booze is all that is necessary! 
  • Options
    I think Steven said that most of the quests may actually come from the Tavern, as well as food stuffs and drinks that give different effects.
    its going to be a kind of questers hub within the game
  • Options
    you should read this blog about taverns.
  • Options
    To summarize the blog post:
    -An NPC that sells food and drink. Consuming them offers tangible benefits, and you can add your own recipes, which require a constant supply of ingredients to be available.
    -A quest board, where the tavern owner and anyone with the coin to rent space can post their own quests. It's likely that some game-generated quests will show up here too.
    -The tavern itself. It has its own chat channel (and voice chat room), and staying there for a while grants rested xp.
    Optional Rooms:
    -Inn. You can create instanced housing for people to rest at. May grant citizenship to the nearby node?
    -Game Parlor. Probably things like chess and backgammon.
    -Battle Map. An actual map of the game world with points of interest marked out. You can scope out the layout of a dungeon, town, castle, or region, and plan a travel route/attack route to get bonuses of some kind.
    The most useful part:
    -Player staff. Taverns are owned, and anyone contributing to running it makes a good candidate for an information broker. There's no NPCs for this- it's players interacting with players. The movements of distant kingdoms, the discovery of minor oddities or major dungeons that don't show up on the battle map, and advice on where to find certain resources or goods, are all things that need to be communicated by word-of-mouth, and if you're smart about it, you can turn this into a loooooot of money that comes regardless of any class/artisan level.
  • Options
    Booze.
  • Options
    a big thank you for your answer. will they also add a bounty hunter system?
  • Options
    Bounty hunting confirmed. Bounty hunting mission boards inside taverns/inns confirmed.
  • Options
    amazing thx bro
  • Options
    @Nevrus Hopefully the rented room is just there to allow me to get bonus rested exp for logging off at a tavern instead out in the middle of a field. Curious to know if there is a delay timer after you log off so that if someone comes across you they can kill you for the lol's.  This feature would make taverns kind of essential in the world since no one wants to log back on and be found dead.
  • Options
    Yea I am so glad they are using inns as a central point to the game, it makes so much sense in my eyes, every adventure starts with a beer.