Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Can I hack you like this?

Sun and Moon are bff. One day Sun decides to kill someone that he sees gathering wood. "Die! Die!" He screams, and kills the innocent player. Sun becomes corrupt. So Moon kills him. Sun respawns and kills some more people. Each time he becomes corrupt and Moon kills him. Moon is very happy at all the rewards she is getting for killing a corrupt player and Sun is happy because he likes killing non-combat players. Sun is a jerk. 

At the end of the hour Moon sees she is at the top of the leader board for Most Corrupt Kills and Sun sees he is at the top of the leader board for Most Corrupt Players. Sun and Moon are happy. They follow each other over the horizon killing players along the way. The end.

Comments

• Options
    What did I just read?!?
  • Options
    @sunfrog I am sorry to crash your dreams mate, or your story, but this plan is impossible for the sun to achieve. You wonder why? Because the sun looses all of her power after few kills and all of her shining rays just do not burn anymore.

• Options
    I am not sure if it's an equal trade:
    The death subtracting corruption points equal to those gained from killing a player.
    There could likely be some happy medium. The biggest issue I see is no fast travel. So Sun, after death, would have to find moon before killing again. If Sun still had corruption someone else, Star, could kill Sun. Otherwise I see no immediate reason why some version of this wouldn't work by default.

My hope would be active GM's that could notice the pattern and perhaps intervene. However, I see no reason why they would.

I do see how both Sun and Moon could make this work though, outlander.
    I do think, in your example, both Sun and Moon are jerks. Sun, for the reasons you stated, and Moon for enabling.
  • Options
  • Options
    What if Moon hangs around the respawn point? Say, Sun's freehold, or the last town they visited. @Azathoth

Hmm.. I think you're correct. @gam3_derp Teletubbies!
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited January 2018
    @sunfrog The Sun will be always spawning in a different universe :) Will not work out anyway. Please read full fairytale here: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/33075/information-world-pvp/p1

• Options

• Options
    edited January 2018
    don't worry, I'll kill sun first, take all his stuff and run away.

and moon's while I'm about it.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    sunfrog said:
    Sun and Moon are bff. One day Sun decides to kill someone that he sees gathering wood. "Die! Die!" He screams, and kills the innocent player. Sun becomes corrupt. So Moon kills him. Sun respawns and kills some more people. Each time he becomes corrupt and Moon kills him. Moon is very happy at all the rewards she is getting for killing a corrupt player and Sun is happy because he likes killing non-combat players. Sun is a jerk. 

At the end of the hour Moon sees she is at the top of the leader board for Most Corrupt Kills and Sun sees he is at the top of the leader board for Most Corrupt Players. Sun and Moon are happy. They follow each other over the horizon killing players along the way. The end.

Unless if Moon is a scrub and dies every time it attacks the sun.

Then Sun is on top of the both lists, a leader board of of Most Corrupt Players, and a leader board of top killers of failed bounty hunters.

Moon sucks.
  • Options
    Nah, corruption doesnt completely get wiped if you get killed.. If you have killed only 1 player, yeah sure, but if you continuously kill players you get an increasing amount of corruption, more if they are lower leveled than you.

Plus your blip shows up on the World map and mini maps for all who are taking the bounty hunter secondary profession, so yo uwould constantly be hunted, losing exp, and potentially items.

Ganking is frowned upon in this game, but the 1 off kill to prevent an enemy guild player getting a resource won't really affect you in any adverse way.
  • Options
    If it was an enemy guild player, they would be flagged as able to be killed by you, thus no corruption. If it was just someone from some random guild, that your leader hasn't declared war on, then you would gain corruption if they didn't fight back.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Fvr9KYT104i8WYppCup1v6SUTZFJTobVz8uRHDas4YM/edit