Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Can bards form a band?

I know this isn't a big deal type of topic. But when I played in SWG back in the day, you could form a band with other players that played music. People would gain a boost from it, if they stay around for a set amount of time, and we as the band gained some XP while playing.

Knowing we will have Bards in AoC, will we see a setup, where they can form a band, and by doing so people will gain a boost from the music being played?

Just thinking down the line, but IMO this would be very cool to have added into the gameplay of AoC.

Comments

• Options
    We have SWG veterans on the development team. This did come up in a livestream if there would be buffs like SWG from bards and I remember it being a negative, that they would be more of on-the-go party buffs as opposed to persistent, timed stuff that would require listening in a group like the old cantinas.
  • Options
    We have SWG veterans on the development team. This did come up in a livestream if there would be buffs like SWG from bards and I remember it being a negative, that they would be more of on-the-go party buffs as opposed to persistent, timed stuff that would require listening in a group like the old cantinas.
    Well I guess we have to wait and see how this all shapes out. But I am hoping we will see a few of the old SWG ideas make it into this game, when it comes to the musical parts.
  • Options
    I never played SWG but that is a neat idea. That said I guess you could always just build a guild of only Bards and call it The Band.
  • Options
    Of course they can form a band.
    5 bards in 1 squad, all with different instrument weapons. Ta-daaaa, band.
  • Options
    I was hoping for a music system similar to Lord of the Rings Online. This is an example of how the system worked https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQKJuzhmFdw. This allowed for player created bands to perform many different songs.
  • Options
    Granthor said:

Can bards form a band?

I guess they could, but we can also throw tomatoes at them if they will suck!
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited February 2018
    This is how we will remind  the bards https://youtu.be/20sIhZLVJR4
  • Options
    If they add bands then obviously they have to add ways for us to throw stuff at them, I mean I'm not putting up with a bad performance where I can't do nothing about it :naughty:
  • Options
    Steven said that Summoners would be able to make a group conjure (for a siege or similar event); it stands to reason that perhaps Bards would be able to form a band under the same conditions (particularly if its been enacted in other MMOs).
  • Options
    That would be so much fun.
     I was playing Sea of Thieves Beta and there is this awesome mechanic where the pirates can play different instruments. The awesome part is if your standing next to each other you would automatically play the same overall song but each instrument actually its own part  complementing each other, not each instrument just playing the same song....essentially exactly like a orchestra ....Man that would be great I would so join a band.
  • Options
    I mean.. first I would like to see if there will be and how much depth there will be with creating music before I start thinking about forming bands. Community formed marching parades were fun to participate in in some MMOs.
  • Options
    I think if they implemented something along the lines of LOTRO's ABC system then Intrepid would be onto a winner. If they could better it? Fantastic.  
  • Options
    I love this idea.  Especially if you could have bards perform in taverns.  I know they mentioned players could listen to music but I think listening to live music performed by other players would be pretty cool.  They could always add an option to turn off music performed by other players if people don't enjoy it.  Another thing I think would be neat is if you as a tavern owner could unlock different genres or game soundtrack songs for your tavern.  I think they said it would be player side but it would be cool if tavern owners had more control over what music played to set their tavern apart from others.