Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Game Over before it even started(for me)

Hello, i am old school MMORPG player, i tend to go 100% in the product i choose to invest my time(except not 10k donation).

I was about to KS 1000$ for the skins and "all above" stuff, but it seems like i am too late and this opportunity has passed and none of these cosmetic items will be available ever again.

Now i simply don´t feel like getting in the game at all, it´s like missing scarab lord already before game even starts.

Is this correct that there is no way of getting these items anymore?

Sob sob, such a shame :(

Comments

• Options
    None of those particular cosmetics will ever be available again. There are other cosmetics that will be available, but not the ones from the Kickstarter. Sorry dude :/ 
  • Options
    Sorry you missed out on the kickstarter, but those cosmetics provide no advantage in the game world other than looking cool. I do understand that feeling like you missed out on stuff though, if you do still choose to back I hope to see you in game someday. :smile:
  • Options
    "Game over before it even started" that's kind of a click bait title since you didn't make claim that IS or Ashes was somehow doomed never to start...
  • Options
    Azathoth said:
    "Game over before it even started" that's kind of a click bait title since you didn't make claim that IS or Ashes was somehow doomed never to start...
    Sorry, fixed the topic.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited January 2018
    Don't worry about it, they are just cosmetics. While it's true you will never have the exact same cosmetics available again, there might be better stuff in the future, something is not better just because it's unique. Unless you are one of those people that really need to have it all, in that case, you wouldn't have been able to have it all in the end anyway, so it wouldn't really matter.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    If you're a completionist or some sort of masochistic collectible-gatherer I guess thats probably something you say a lot so I don't see why its a big deal.

You won't be able to collect everything unless you go on the grey market and are willing to risk way more money then what its worth to have "special" cosmetic status in most games.

Honestly its just a stupid thing to get fixated on that if you have the money to spend on something as inane as cosmetic stuff you probably need the life experience of disappointment to toughen you up.
  • Options
    Someone isn't going to play a game they were almost willing to spend $1000 to play because they can't get an item that is completely cosmetic? 

Am I the only one who thinks that's over the top dramatic? Or a lie?
  • Options
    If your a ks you can still upgrade :D otherwise its just a skin
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    The Kickstarter cosmetics are rewards for people invested early in the game. They were touted as "exclusive" which was the selling point for many people. To go back on that would be pretty lame in my opinion.

But there are plenty of other things you can get currently. 

To write off an entire game because you missed out on a few cosmetics is hurting no one but yourself. And to post about it is nothing but a ploy for pity, so im at a loss why you even made this thread except for that reason. 

• Options

The only thing I wish I had gotten in at the KS stage would be the early start and name reservation.

The skins are nice and I would have liked them but I missed out on hearing about this game by about a week. :(

• Options
    edited January 2018
    There are plenty of cool things / skins left to get.  Check out the store on THIS website   I'd bet you can do that no problem.  Then you are right where you want to be.
  • Options
    Image result for tell me more meme
  • Options
    I dont understand this topic?
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    BCGiant said:
    I dont understand this topic?
    This isn't a topic of discussion. Kuruma just wanted to express his or her frustration with missing the kickstarters, which I TOTALLY understand. Had I missed the two kickstarters, I would've been less interested in the game. Why? Well, basically it's because the feeling of not being able to "be apart" of something that you were excited for... or not receiving something that would give you a sense of expectation and hype (i.e kickstarter rewards) makes you feel... "un-included".

Yes, the game won't be out for another year and a half AND the cosmetics won't be the only cosmetics that I.S will produce... BUT, that's not the important thing... it's about feeling that you're not included since you had the funds that you wanted to put into the project and see that you miss the chance. You'll never be able to be one of the "Originals" or "Founders" you'll never be that person who is distinguished as being there during the streams and the tests, during the bad times and good times. For the MMO lover, it's like... a huge part of waiting for a game to be released is being one the firsts to have started waiting.

Yep, I totally understand. Had I not committed something into the project, I would feel like I had less of a "stake" or less to expect from the game. I would watch the progress every month or so, but wouldn't be too enamored with the project because I, as an MMO lover who has been SEARCHING for a MMO like Ashes of Creation would feel that I never got to show just how much I wanted to be involved in the game that I believed would change the MMO genre. I'd be really, really, upset to not be involved in the VERY beginning of something that I was so willing to wait and hope for.

This being said, although that initial opportunity is gone, if you want to donate to the project and get some cosmetics and mounts, you can go here and browse through the various cost range of packages. 

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/shop/
  • Options
    I feel the same way about IBM and Apple stock.
  • Options
    it's still quite early. They can still be a part of it, get registered and; who knows they might get into the A0 which will let them be a part of development even before most KS Backers.
  • Options
    I wouldn't consider it that big of a deal. We are talking about cosmetic items that people will flaunt for a little bit until the "new" wears off and then they will put something else shiny on.

It's like when you pre-order a game you get some item or skin. Sure it's cool at the start, but you end up putting something else on down the road and letting it collect nostalgia dust.
  • Options
    I really wanted wanted a phoenix pet, but it's way too expensive for me.it's okay, those are pretty much just cosmetics. I'm sure you'll find something equally impressive in game.
  • Options
    @Volias, I want to bottle and sell "nostalgia dust"
  • Options
    Image result for member berries gif