Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What type of Dragons do you want to see in AoC?

I don't know about you guys, but I would like to see a mix of different type dragons in this game, and not just one type. Even have very old types, that would have god type powers, and can speak.

So what would you like to see?

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited January 2018
    Honestly, I get hate for this, but the lore of dragons in WoW was my favorite. They were treated kind of like wizards were in LoTR lore, where each dragon was charged with a certain aspect of nature and they interacted with the world, we're mortal but with powers over their given aspect.

Time
    Life
    Magic
    Earth
    Dreams

I don't advocate that IS copy WoW but having dragons as a sort of higher level Maiar beings really interested me. I think partially because dragons were created in folklore to be the "ultimate" feared creature of humans as it combines all the things we are scared of or aspire for as early people. Reptile, fire, flight, sharp teeth, cunning, hordes weather, ect.

And just like the Maiar in LoTR, the dragons would play a role in the going on of mortals, while sharing traits of the mortals, but having magic and a sort of "timeless" longevity to them. I wouldn't say I'd like to see them as "Gods" but more like a lower tier celestial being, still mortal, but with gifts beyond that of a typical mortal. 

Of course they would then have children, who would still be dragons, but not as powerful. These would be the smaller ones we see through out the world. But when a node grows and a dragon is awoken from a nearby volcano, that bas boy is from the big league.

• Options
    I also like dragons with the Eastern influence that they were a boon to mankind; that not all are evil or malicious. 
  • Options
    I think of dragons as wild animals that don't talk but are very powerful because of there size and ability to cause massive damage though breathing fire on there enemys
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Please, can I have a pink dragon with its own super god like power? :lol: 
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Elemental dragons. They are  God of 
    Black
    Wind 
    Earth 
    Fire 
    Water
    And more 
    They  can aslo talk to. And give you side quest.

• Options
  • Options

• Options
  • Options
    I'd like to see a variety of dragons.  some can be wise and helpful, but I expect most to be powerful at least boss-level monsters
  • Options
    I like big dragons and I can not lie
    Ye' other brethren and sistren can't deny
  • Options
    Faerie Dragons and Imagine Dragons.
  • Options
    I like the dragons in D&D - you know what you are dealing with based on the species (for the most part)

Chromatic (black, blue, red, white, green) dragons are usually evil
    Metallic (brass, silver, gold, copper, bronze) dragons are usually good
    Gem dragons (amethyst, sapphire, emerald, crystal, topaz) are usually neutral

and they all live in different environments and different personality traits that they generally follow, such as black dragons living in swamps and copper dragons being tricksters. White dragons are incredibly stupid while while silver can be very intelligent.

And then you get special dragon types like song dragons, who pose as humans (usually bards) and just enjoy being around people. Or shadow dragons who stalk the deep caverns of the world by blending into the darkness.

Lots of variety, but with that variety you have a general rule of thumb to know what you're dealing with and if you know enough about dragons, how to deal with them.
  • Options
    I hope there will be something like this. I am not talking about the look of Shenron, more like how everything else happens around you. You have to collect balls in order to invite him. Before he appears, the sky becomes dark, lighting storm starts to rage. This moment is so magical. I am not saying AoE should copy it, but something similar could be there. 
  • Options
    The last on in game of thrones blasting everything xD
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Fleelix said:
    The last on in game of thrones blasting everything xD
    @Fleelix
  • Options
    I loved the last one in game of thrones <3 Dragons need to be wild and cruel for me.
  • Options
    Dragons based upon the surroundings e.g. forest, ice, fire would be great. They should be majestic and epic beasts that are ferocious, cunning and mighty.
  • Options
    I don't want them to be tripping on their own tail, but I'm not really big on the idea of dragons being well spoken elitist that view humanity as beneath them either.
  • Options
    I've always been a fan of intelligent, talking dragons.
  • Options
    Something akin to Akatosh that you could fight and kill as a world boss; but, would be capable of respawning (lore wise) due to being a
    "God Dragon".
  • Options
    Dragons of all types.
  • Options
    Yeah I just love dragons, give me them all.
    Preferably Eastern style though.. Not much of a fan for the Chinese snake serpent sea serpent looking things.. I like the idea of dragons being big, strong, powerful things, not ikky worm tentacle face dragons. Skyrim nailed it in my preference. 

I like the idea of variety though, have the standard lesser dragons acting like savage beasts. With the more powerful God like ones as intelligent, wiser with age thing.