Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Release Date

After looking at things and watching vids the team as done a amazing job with the little time so far. This is what i think im not a game dev so just guessing =)

So the question here is what do y'all think the date or year AoC will drop.

Now going into what they have to do from what they said and factors. They are not a AAA company ( thank god) so they can take as much time as the have the budget for it, also how Alphas go will say a lot before beta i feel like they take our feed back into great effect but not always. 
So lets start from the top, world and nods still not complete, Boats, balancing of classes (alpha/beta) problem). Dungeons/Raids this also including seigs as a raid. Questing, crafting, and talent balance (another Alpha/beta issue). The voice system that they want to put into the game and its problems it can bring.Combat system to be complete last i heard from a live stream its at 5% where it needs to be. World bosses and triggers of world events due to nods.Finishing Up all races. Last thing pvp arenas and bg's.

Not so major stuff- Pets and breeding, Housing, spells and how effects ur main spec and stats, world effects like seasons and lets say oh hey a green cloud is going by lets not go into that, Group balance if 8/40 doesnt work for dungeons and raids, Toon customization, loot drop rates/ Drop rates in the world for mines fishing etc..Grouping of mobs,Guild/guild stuff. Also physics and graphics. Marriage now almost forgot. 

Then eh stuff-bugs like the loot bug then falling threw the world ( if anyone knows that one). Faction look of nods/most cosmetic stuff, Toys.

After all that i would say 2.5 years im thinking. Let me know what u think or what i forgot and what u guess the time it will drop.

Comments

• Options
    There are multiple threads on this here and it is commented on repeatedly on Discord. Release date before 2020. Alpha 0 running now, Alpha 1 and 2 later this year, Betas through 2019. Anything else is just wishlisting. Until they announce a date, it is all subject to change. Core concepts will be completed first. And as much as everyone loves to harp on boats, they were a stretch goal, not a core, just like the Tulnar. So expect core systems in place by Alpha 1, expanded on in Alpha 2, rest of stuff to be tweaked and added all over 2019.

• Options
    They did say that the official game launch is scheduled 'before 2020' so could be December 2019 for all we know.
  • Options
    They had also put a lot of work into this game prior to the KS. Steven has said many times he had a viable product prior to KS, and if KS didn't fund his goal they would still work towards a release. I see 2020 as likely, but I am not putting bets on it.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited February 2018
    They had done around 6 months of work prior to the May KS. Not so much a viable product is the quote, but the funding for the core product was in place before the KS. There is an interview out there where he lays out the exact timeline of what was done when. From initial motivation, to the formation of the company and the hiring of Jeffrey, how people started to hear about the game through word of mouth, and so on.

[8:00] Say that you have enough funding for an MVP (minimum viable product). What’s your standard for your MVP?

1. Difference between MVP and CVP (core viable product) is when a developer says MVP they don’t come to market with everything they discuss and want to have. CVP means they will include all the systems they discuss.
    2. Funding they have is enough to fill that CVP. Kickstarter was to expand on that CVP, include stretch goals.
    Timestamp 8:00
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnk1sfUXaEw
  • Options
    So Steven said the release date will be before 2020  so we never know they might surprise us and and release 2019 July time 
  • Options
    Guessing August or Sept 2019 due to the fact never release a game in the summer due to people going on Vacations/Outside RL things to do. But i would love to see Q1 of 2019 lol...