Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Hello all

Just registered - haven't pledged (is that the right term here?) yet. One comment and two questions (and telling me where to look for the answers is fine - I tried looking but didn't see it).

1. Is there any idea when alpha starts? I assume the alpha 0 I see logging in means that alpha hasn't yet begun.

2. What does it mean that alpha will be available until launch? If I read that correctly. Why would someone who could go to beta want to keep playing in the alpha sandbox?

The comment at the risk of getting flamed. It is quite annoying when registering to be asked for a password, then told it doesn't meet a rule, then when changed to meet that rule rejected for not meeting another rule. If you want a password 8 digits long with letters and numbers and one letter capitalized SAY SO when giving the instruction to create the blessed thing! There I have vented.

Comments

• Options
    LOL.  The web dev team hasn’t been a strong point until just recently. Hopefully a mod takes note for you. 

The Alpha zero has begun. There is an Alpha one and an Alpha 2. The Alpha 2 server will roll into the public test realm, Though that does not mean that the data will persist. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited February 2018
    May your travels from here on out be blessed by the sandal gods. They shall bless you with your own pair of sandals to ease your journey into this new landscape of MMO.

1. Alpha 0 started already, it's quick and dirty tests with selected people as well as raffle winenrs to test basic systems, network code, backend and so on. Pretty much a family and friends thing with limited community entrance.
    You can see preliminary dates in the Ashes discords QnA, probably somewhere in the wiki too.

2. The Alpha 2 will be persistent. While there will be possible wipes, rollbacks and such it will be a continued test until the live launch. The Betas will probably be your typical 3 days weekend tryout/early look at the game kind of thing.
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum and community!
  • Options
    look like your question have been answer so i will just jump in and say hello and welcome to the forum hope you enjoy your time. If you have any more questions just ask we are all happy to help :smile:

• Options

Welcome to the community! 

• Options
    Welcome to the community :3
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies. Since the two alpha pledge levels refer to "both alphas" or "alpha 2" it would seem that my assumption was correct and for purposes of pledge participation alpha has not yet begun nor been scheduled, though we are hopefully getting close. For pledge purposes we are in pre-alpha.

The comment about the password was not intended to actually generate action though I do think it is a poor design. I have seen many sites that do the same silly thing.

I don't use discord but since a wiki was mentioned I will take a look and bookmark that.
  • Options
    Welcome to the community
  • Options
    Welcome to the forums!
  • Options
    Welcome to the community! 
  • Options
    Welcome to the community. I hope you have fun on the forum.
  • Options
    hi
  • Options
    Welcome to the community ;)