Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Idea for the store

It would be cool if there was a purchase option for guilds.  When purchased you get so many game keys with their own package details, but also, a special founders guild package detail.  Something like a founders guild hall or something.  I know a lot of people travel from game to game with their guild.  How cool would it be if a guild could buy a package and each person can add their name to the guild by buying their cut at a slight discount to the normal package into their guild?  I also like the idea of having whole guilds in beta together.  Just an idea.

Comments

• Options
    Loosid said:
    It would be cool if there was a purchase option for guilds.  When purchased you get so many game keys with their own package details, but also, a special founders guild package detail.  Something like a founders guild hall or something.  I know a lot of people travel from game to game with their guild.  How cool would it be if a guild could buy a package and each person can add their name to the guild by buying their cut at a slight discount to the normal package into their guild?  I also like the idea of having whole guilds in beta together.  Just an idea.
    I do also like this idea. It would help others who don't have lots of money to spend but want to support AOC  and I do also believe it's good idea to get whole guild in a beta many good  benefits also peoole can get to meet/talk to new members of there there guild in game try different things like how the guild chat works. 
  • Options
    So for the sake of clarity because I'm slightly confused. You are suggesting people buy a guild hall then require anyone who wants to join to pay for a cut of it?

• Options

Pledge US$ 1,000 or more

Leader of Men

Kickstarter Exclusive - Demonic / Angelic Character racial skin 
    Kickstarter Exclusive - Guildhall appearance 
    Kickstarter Exclusive - Receive Guild themed character cloaks and mount barding - 10 of each! 
    Name an NPC within Ashes of Creation* 
    Receive 5 Additional Closed Beta Keys - Phase 2 (6 Total) 
    Monster Token x 1 - Epic Tier 
    Receive an invitation to the Ashes of Creation Launch party!* 
    Unique "Leader of Men" forum badge 
    Unique in-game character title "Leader of Men"

Plus all previous rewards!!

• Options
    Why not just donate the money for subs to your guild buddies?

Also, I am assuming here - no hard facts, you will likely have to wait until a node develops to a certain level before you can establish a guild hall. I have not seen anything about limiting numbers of places in a node that are considered guild halls, and as above, there will clearly be skins for them.

Even if you purchased initial subs for your guilds they, I would also assume, they would be responsible for their own continuing sub. So if they can't afford the initial months sub, they might not be able to afford subs going forward. No box cost.

Now, if you have a super together guild that meets in RL and has dues and charters and stuff this would be a great use of group funds!
  • Options
    Hmmm...don't remember which livestream, someone else can look it up, but they said that permission to build a guild hall would be granted by the mayor. So since no mayor till at least level 3, that means no guild halls just placed anywhere without at least giving the node leader at the time a heads up. They most likely will have the same restrictions to terrain as freeholds, though no one knows if they will have a larger or smaller footprint. We do know they won't be instanced, since they have appearance skins associated with them already from the packages similar to freehold customization.
  • Options
    Does this mean a guild hall does not need to be inside the walls of a city/village/town?
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited February 2018
    Falmin said:
    Does this mean a guild hall does not need to be inside the walls of a city/village/town?
    I guess because this is a living game it would be put in the world somewhere(maybe ocean front) and maybe the world would get built around it as it grows in popularity?  Additionally, you could have a Metropolis of Guild halls in whatever major cities there are at launch?  

@Karthos
    I am suggesting that there are guilds out there already with 10s or 100s of people in them.  Some are on hiatus waiting for the next MMO.  I am just saying that is an untapped player base.   

What I am NOT saying is to give a guild an unfair advantage in the game which would be in the pay to win genre.  Instead, more or less, giving them a chance to play with guildies they have probably played with in multiple games.  I knew people that played WoW, EQ2 and Guild Wars 2 and never had to log out of their "voice over program".  Because their guild existed in all three games.  Additionally, maybe there are guilds that didn't like how their MMO went PTW and are looking for a new game, but want to keep their core together.  I don't know, its just a whisper of an idea and thought I would share.

Azathoth  This would be targeted towards guilds that are already pretty well organized OR organized merged guilds. Obvious starter guilds would be included as well, but they might not be