Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Few late ideas

Hello, everyone!
Today I be what n00b who express my opinion about game and how to improve it. (It's only my opinion from 18+ years in mmorpg).

So I start with AoC idea + BDO graphics + L2 controls. Who played these games all ready knows what I mean and who not I'll try to explain.

AoC idea:
As everyone knows AoC hyped so much at this time because of never seen before idea how mmo should be and I'm 100% with all of you guys, I was waiting for something like this for good 10 years. But.. All of us knows what good idea not all ways enough to make a good game.

BDO graphics:
I don't want to insult 'devs' or peoples who like graphics of this game at this moment but i must tell what in 2004 we had same and better graphics maybe not world but at least characters. It's kind of too late do something about world but characters, skill's, movements can be improved like at least few times all of us have enough juices to run game with a lot better graphics. And from my own experience at this moment game looks like 'runescape' (sorry fans) but i think such a graphics time passed a long time ago.

L2 controls:
I don't know how for you guys but for me where is nothing better than click to target/move controls what camera and movements controlling only with mouse and have all your another hands fingers free to use only for skills it's faster/better/easier for everyone who at least once played with such a controls system. I know in past decade only few games was released with this type of controls and because of what young generation never tried it and pretty much all of them against it. But not everyone's hands can work the same no matter how long they train them. I and many peoples what i know simply do not play games with "awsd" controls because not everyone can use 3 fingers for moving and at the same time with one finger use all skills ^^.
(It's just not right for peoples who lost a finger or two (it was a joke and a bit of true then you think about it)) or at least give a choice to choose.

Yes i know this post messed up hard to understand something, but at the same time explain in short about all pros/cons kind of hard i think everyone getting general idea.

Sorry Because of my writing and English skills i did my best ^^

Please feel free express yourself if you think that it's bad or good idea's till we still have some time left.

Comments

• Options
    Along the BDO graphics line - I bred horses during release all the way up to Tier 7 so there was a lot of speed while riding, the pop-in for some of the textures while riding was horrendous. If they do have something similar then I hope it is scale-able and not overkill.
  • Options
    While I admire for coming to the forums, you may want to do a touch more research on the game before you come and make "suggestions" and leave "ideas"

On the graphics

If you have read anything about the game, done any research, followed anything you would know that the graphics you are seeing are PRE-ALPHA graphics.  What' does Pre-Alpha mean?  It means you are being allowed to see graphics that are normally reserved behind the friends and family testing sessions.   Intrepid Studios is the only company I can think of in recent years that has allowed this much behind the scenes access to their game.  Remember, their kick-starter was only in May of 2017.  In that time they have brought a playable demo to Pax and they've launched their Alpha Zero testing.   

As far as the graphics in 2004, Ashes already looks better than those.  Ashes looks better than a lot of games coming out now, and its not 1) finished or 2) optimized   

So relax, and realize the game still has roughly 21-23 months until expected launch.  That is a life time of development.  In 2018 alone they have 230+ production days remaining.

• Options
    Just like @Jahlon said the game is still in pre-alpha, it really is something they managed to put together for the sake of showing it to the people, there is still a few months left until Alpha 1 release and the game itself is scheduled 'before 2020' so could be December next year (almost 2 full years), there is time left before they need to start polishing the graphics.
  • Options
    Everything what you guys said is true. I understand that it is early development stage. It's my mistake not knowing how to explain myself in easy understanding way. I'll try again give more details about what I wanted to say. I'm sure Devs working day and night trying to bring us something special. 

But with upcoming test stage's I'm sure what at this moment Devs doing their best to show us more deep in game content more world and things what maybe unnecessary in early game releases and even full game release.

Just for example: mounts, gathering, fishing more world content all kind of stuff who looks good but requires a lot of time and do not have any significant influence in gameplay. 

In my opinion stuff like what can be added with flow. (I understand no content where is nothing to do). But content can be added at any time more and more but you can't add first impression. I think if game looks good it's worth waiting for more content. But from impression at this moment it looks like Devs doing exactly what I'm and many players afraid off. 

What's why I created this topic in my opinion first big part of efforts from Devs must go into main things like graphics (characters, skills, mobs, cities) and controls because if you buy a game log into it and you see some 'bricks' running around (like minecraft ^^). Many peoples do not care how big world is or how deep in game gameplay content.

I'm glad that Devs did so much in such a short time but I think their orienting more into stuff what is unnecessary  at this moment and this game loose a big player base because of such a simple things.

I think only good game trailer with good graphics can attract a lot more players and with them more money, more money = more content - better content. My first thought was then I find out about this project "jezz I was waiting like 10 years for something like this but if it looks like what I need to wait 10 years more" I'm saying it because I know that the same thing thinking a lot more peoples not only I. 
  • Options
    While I understand what you mean, it also has to suit the devs, if they decide on a certain graphics style then all the content in the game will follow it, so by making unpolished graphics and content first they can update all the graphics later on instead of woking on every new thing one by one to perfection.
  • Options
    Understood thank you all for yours opinions :) Seems I started panic to early. 

Mods please delete this useless topic and sorry everyone for wasting your time reading on my nonsenses. 
  • Options
    I wouldn't go as far as saying useless, it's a great thing to share your concerns or opinions thats what these forums are for. :D