Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Meta/Being Left out

Hello AoC family hope your day/night is going amazing, another post from Mr.Fett. 

So today i bring up meta and feeling left out for not being "meta". Now AoC crew is trying to make this not a thing where you need a little of everything. As we know this will not happen, but at the begging there will be diversity due to people not knowing all class what is better/BiS.

So in the future after months of playing we will know the Main specs/ Off specs, there will be people only wanting cretin classes part of threw dungeons/raids/Arena teams. I wish this could be avoided but we know it cant =(. I think every classes is unique and sounds dope as hell love every part of it.

Now the classes I feel like are going to be most wanted- Tank and Cleric (duh right lol), Mage, Fighter, rouge, and Ranger.

The not so most sought after in groups summoners and bards why due to many mmos they cant get these classes right and are often either re rolled/ forgotten completely. 

What do i think Bards bring to the table- buffs/debuffs (depending on off spec) maybe a little of healing. After time I was going to main a Battlemage or High Priest/shaman but after thinking about what they bring to the table I want to main a bard but  left out due to this. Even in D&d bards helped so much the first few lvs then just dropped at like lv 8-10.

Summon- Summons things cc's and does dps? Summoner can do many things when you think about it but when u think about it if you can get by with one healer and tank you fill the rest with dps to burn threw the content which leaves out cc, buffs, debuffs.

I hope this is not the case but playing mmos this has always happened and I want the flavor of the classes and what they bring be needed each one for a group.

If you think other wise let me know, but for now until more content comes out and being able to see just even the core of these classes this is how I feel.

Comments

• Options
    u have often 2 types of Players, those who want to do stuff fast and are looking for Meta Builds/Classes and those who dont care as long as u can clear the Content.
    Just join the 2nd Type of Player and there is no Problem.
    Works in other Games too.
  • Options
    In no MMO that I've played where Bard has been an option has bard been left out.  In fact Bards have often been slotted in to fill a spot over and above a DPS depending on the buffs the bard can bring to the table.   

When it comes to summoner, rest assured that if they didn't have a plan in mind for their value of summoners, they would not be in the game.   There were more than these 8 archetypes on the drawing board when Ashes first started, there was a total of 12 and they whittled down the list to 8.    If they were willing to chop ideas off the block in the early development, they clearly have a plan for summoner.   

Plus, this is an MMO being mad by fans of MMOs.  They've already said you won't be able to use zerg down tactics.   Mechanics will be a huge part of fights. 

• Options
    There isn't enough info about the classes to say which will be more useful in team/solo play, we don't even know how the classes will function, it's easy to say that summoner will simply summon stuff (I mean it's in the name yeah xD) but this is a game so there could be a lot of other things included. Summoning could include weapons, armor etc. this is just an example and I don't think it will work this way but there are many way to go about different classes as long as you don't place them in a box thinking that because other games do it this way that this one will too.
  • Options
    It kind of depends on which ver. of D&D.
    I too want to play a Bard main and I am hoping for the best.