Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Looking for a reason to go 500 deep pls help

Hello there I have been playing MMO's since I was about 10 and I have to say that I have a great feeling about Ashes of Creation. I just need to know that I wont be disappointed after I purchase the $500 pre order. I really only have two questions/concerns. and once these are answered i have a feeling I will be 100% on board the hype train.

The first question is really just clarification for myself, What exactly will pre-ordering the $500 package give me. I know that I get access to the cosmetics that are featured each month afterwards. How much will those cosmetic packages be?

The second question is about the combat and loot rewards in general. I have logged a size-able amount of time on both Black Desert in the recent years and the only thing that has brought me back is the engaging combat mechanics. The thing that has made me want to quit Black desert however is the incessant RNG gear grind that is the end game.

To condense the last paragraph, Basically If there will be decent combat mechanics and an endgame that isn't so hellishly RNG dependent then I am in.

Comments

• Options
    The $500 package gives you $180 in game time, $150 in embers(the store currency), and some exclusive cosmetics. Also you gain access to the alpha and beta phases, which in turn allows you to provide feedback on your experience to help develop the game. I do not know the price's on the the monthly cosmetic packages, but from my understanding you will be able to add those to your package as they come out for a price. Combat has been described as a hybrid of tab targeting/action combat, it is still quite early in development so combat hasn't taken a definitive shape yet. Some of the best equipment in the game will be crafted only, but there will also be rare equipment drops. Once again it is still rather early in development and a lot of these systems need to be fleshed out. Its hard to part with hard earned cash, but if you believe that the ideas presented by Intrepid are what the MMO genre needs then I would say give it your support, but if not watch development and wait, it has been stated that there will be no box price upon release just a $15 subscription. Whatever you choose welcome to the community and glad you could join us on the forums.
  • Options
    At this early stage combat mechanics, and end game in  my opinion are not yet fleshed out.  Everything is a risk and spending $500 should be viewed as such.
    I think watching all the historic videos might help you in a 'gut feel' on the devs.

Also highlighting the major architectural differences between AOC and other MMO might help.

Namely the Node system which seems to suggest a totally dynamic world that's always changing (so to me that means almost no end game just a forever changing world)  
    Within these nodes players will be running the governments. You could be mayor one day and your town destroyed the next.
    To me personally this sweeps aside the whole static talk about levels/end game/ gear and shifts the discussion to ' hey whos the mayor of this town' , what city can i settle in, what do i do to help build/trade/defend this town of mine etc. ...holy crap we just uncovered a dragon in our mines! 

I personally dont care if combat is a little bit worse than say BD, as the holistic nature of this game and these new mechanics are what really excite me ...thats just my personal view. Not sure if i just confused you more. Apologies if i did.
  • Options
    You can wait a bit longer with your decision unless you want the current cosmetics (there will be more of these packages in the future) honestly I backed KS for 500 $ and I don't regret it (the bonuses were different but price is the same) when I saw Ashes something clicked with me that I will probably regret not paying, have a look at what the game has to offer and what is planned and then decide if those in game bonuses are worth paying for or are you willing to wait a little less than 2 years to play the game.

In regards to the cosmetics you will be able to buy from future packages and the prices are around 25$ for a costume and building/ships etc. skins, 75$ for a racial skin (if there will be any in future packages), around 20$ for mounts.
  • Options
    I personally bought the pack to support the game, gain some additional chance at winning an Alpha 0 key, to help test it and also for the access to all of the cosmetics that will become available later on down the line. But everyone is different and you need to weight it up and see if it's worth it for you.
  • Options
    I bought the BoW $500 pack for a lot of the same reasons as Narys.. Support the game, extra chance to get Alpha 0 (didn't happen.), to help test and for the Cosmetics.. I see AoC being the MMO I've always wanted but never had, it has highlighted everything I've always desired and yearned for in the (vast list of) MMOs I've played in nearly the past 2 decades.

I bought it back around April and I have not had a second of regret yet. :)
  • Options
    I jumped in on the BOW pack from kickstarter too. Definitely looking forward to Alpha 1 becoming available so we can get some game time in but also help with the trouble shooting. Finding glitches and developer accidents at that point of a game is quite fun for me. That said for the $500 mark having lifetime access was a big deal for me also as I'm not a fan of adding another monthly bill to my roster. Also I want to share the game and help promote it as I got really entranced with the premise and want to be able to stream it early on and bring more people in to the fold.
  • Options
    I brought the pack because i cant wait for a decent mmo and if my money can help in any way to move things along a bit faster then the better. also if i can give really good feedback in the alpha phases and it gets heard and fixed the better.
  • Options
    I went into the $500 pack, mainly so I can start my studies/guides/etc on this game.

Plus, the packs are a pretty good deal.   

I mean of the $500 you spend

12 months of sub-time is $180
    Embers you get $150

That right there is $330

Now, in this pack you get the following costmetics
    $25 Costume skin
    $25 Plague Lab
    $25 Ship
    $20 Bonestrider
    $15 Pet 

Now, the cosmetics are $110 total.   If you think they are worth it or not, that is a purely subjective.   

So that's $440 (give or take)

After that, it depends on if you think Alpha 1&2 and Beta 1&2 are worth $60.

It also depends on how much you think Name Reservation is worth.   

So, pretty good deal.

I broke down the other packs and compared them to the Kickstarter packages here:
    https://youtu.be/Rnqy5ghWwyo

• Options
    Jahlon said:
    I went into the $500 pack, mainly so I can start my studies/guides/etc on this game.

Embers you get $150

That right there is $330

$25 Costume skin
    $25 Plague Lab
    $25 Ship
    $20 Bonestrider
    $15 Pet 

Now, the cosmetics are $110 total.   If you think they are worth it or not, that is a purely subjective.   

So, pretty good deal.

I broke down the other packs and compared them to the Kickstarter packages here:

Actually there is also a 5$ cosmetic ;) so it's 115$ for cosmetics :naughty:
  • Options
    Jahlon said:

Embers you get $150

That right there is $330

$25 Costume skin
    $25 Plague Lab
    $25 Ship
    $20 Bonestrider
    $15 Pet 

So, pretty good deal.

Actually there is also a 5$ cosmetic ;) so it's 115$ for cosmetics :naughty:
    It was worth every soulstone 
  • Options
    Get on the hype trains :smile:
    Welcome hopefully you join the community even if you do not drop 500$
  • Options
    zazukeys said:
    Get on the hype trains :smile:
    Welcome hopefully you join the community even if you do not drop 500$
    Very true! I'm so happy to see this community interacting. If you don't have that kind of money to put down please don't feel discouraged. Just jump in to some of the streams that will be sure to be on Twitch once Alpha1 goes live. You can still help by pointing things out and be part of the experience.
  • Options
    Only buy it if you really like they game key or cosmetics, otherwise wait a month for the new cosmetics, maybe you like them more.
  • Options
    If you think you can utilize all that the packages to offer and are dedicated to the cause/game, do it. Welcome to the community and the forums.