Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Fighting the lag monster

I am just going to leave this here. It's an issue the happens with a ton of games, and it's not an easy fix must of the time.

So, what are some of the best ways to beat the lag monster in online games?

Comments

• Options
    Buy a better PC, upgrade your equipment, buy a better graphics card, etc. The list is long and goes on for a while.
  • Options
    some monsters can't be faught, some you have to learn to live with. This is such a monster.

There is ways to weaken him. The best being moving closer to the datacenter where the physical server is stored but since these are undisclosed locations for security reasons you will only be able to get so close.

There is also VPNs out there that offer services for latency reduction but I have never actually used them and personally I think this is more of an illusion than anything else. What I have learned from the VPNs I do use to keep my location hidden and such I have learned that if anything they slow down your connection, not speed it up.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited February 2018
    Get a asus fx990 r2 mobo. 9590 cpu(4.7ghz) 16-32g of ram and a 1080/ti and you shouldnt lag.

Or something as good or better

Dont forget water cooling
  • Options
    I think he meant latency lag, not Frames per second lag. Or maybe I'm wrong. Problem with having more than one meaning for one word.
  • Options
    They have promised regional servers upon release for OCE, NA, and EU. More to be added as demand is shown. That is about all they can do to help you with internet lag. Graphics fps as pointed out by others will be a function of your hardware and the settings you choose. There is a great video from a PUBG noob streamer out there where he is complaining that he keeps getting headshot while he is hiding in tall bushes and chat just savages him by telling him to turn vegetation off. He does so and figures out that where he was "hiding" was just open terrain for everyone elses display. Your results may vary.
  • Options
    I found the easiest way to stop lag is buy a new pc, failing that drop all gfx to minimum and try again if both fail its got to be the hamster in the wheel.
  • Options
    They've said that the game will be highly scale-able due to the engine. However if your game still lags I'd recommend some more RAM, especially given the price of new GPU's these days.
  • Options
    Lags caused by inadequate equipment can only be solved by getting better stuff, internet probelms are something that can't really be helped hopefully there won't be too many lag problems since internet lags are in some ways much worse than fps lags.
  • Options

I found sometimes the lag happened due to the number of people on the server side, at that point your stuck until they fix the current server, or add more servers to help with the lag issue. I agree your computer spec will also add to this problem, if your system is a little behind the times. Then you have your internet provider, and at times depending on the time of day, that too can effect your lag time online.

Over the years of playing online, I had each of these touch me, and when it's out of your control, it will cause you to stop playing a game. I have dropped a lot of games over the lag issue, when I know it's not my system doing it. Even if I turned everything to the lowest setting, I still got issues. In those cases it was the server side having the lag problems.

• Options
    Ban laggy internet companies . Done
  • Options
    Block all of your flatmates, families , girl friends traffic when playing hehe
  • Options
    zazukeys said:
    Ban laggy internet companies . Done

Sad part for me, I am limited to who I can get for internet. Well once the game has gone Beta, I will get a better idea if that will be an issue.
  • Options
    @Granthor, I wish you the best of luck fellow warrior. I would hate for you to fall because the gods blinked one too many times.
  • Options
    Azathoth said:
    @Granthor, I wish you the best of luck fellow warrior. I would hate for you to fall because the gods blinked one too many times.

I hear that, that's why I WILL have a upgrade setup, when this game goes live.
  • Options
    Intrepid is building the network end themselves instead of using the U4 one. 
  • Options
    Sorry, Lag is a paid dlc.
  • Options
  • Options