Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Terrible design choice

Ok so i have a Huuuuge issue with a specific part of the alpha. I was watching the video released by ign on youtube where the dude was farming shrooms. So my issue is the fact that these mushrooms were called Violent Morel. Only problem being THEY LOOK NOTHING LIKE A MOREL MUSHROOM!!! 
Image result for morel mushroom

Steven pls change mushroom design or name pls!!!!!!
:b

Comments

• you do know the game is not set on Earth so they will look different from what we have here right now 
  • I reckon this could delay the game by a year...it's a massive change...
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited February 2018
    :'(  :# 
  • I don't even know where to start...just don't relate things from real life to a fantasy game, if other games can have massive slabs of metal and call them swords then Ashes can have a mushroom called after an actual mushroom despite not resembling it's real life counterpart. :3
  • I don't even know where to start...just don't relate things from real life to a fantasy game, if other games can have massive slabs of metal and call them swords then Ashes can have a mushroom called after an actual mushroom despite not resembling it's real life counterpart. :3
    It was a humor post. I dont actually have an issue with it. Seriously though steven seems to have a strange obsession with shrooms  :p<3<3
    It was a humor post. I dont actually have an issue with it. Seriously though steven seems to have a strange obsession with shrooms  :p<3<3
    Just being the straight man ;)
  • I really like mushrooms .. I am excited to see different types of mushrooms come to surface  :p
  • We just encountered some Violet Fungi in my D and D campaign last night !!!
  • As a wild mushroom hunter in the forests of central Europe in my spare time many moons ago, It must be noted that there is a significant cultural pastime often overlooked in current gathering/foraging professions in games, which often leaves me disappointed and underwhelmed.

I would like to see more Seasonal produce appropriated and much  more randomized as opposed to 'node hopping' typical with current game systems.

I would like to have the same  sensation of discovery I do or as close to actually wandering out searching with anticipation....

I am not sure if intrepid could code mycorrhiza soil biology algorithms into the world propagation metrics...but it would be kinda awesome if the did.

• I wish I had this kind of free time...
  • Karthos said:
    I wish I had this kind of free time...
    what is time really  :|
  • It was a humor post. I dont actually have an issue with it. Seriously though steven seems to have a strange obsession with shrooms  :p<3<3
    You seem to be a Fungi with all the other mushrooms.
  • I actually get what the OP is saying here. Would they call a cow a chicken and a dog a duck? No. Popular fruits mis labeled? Nope. If you are going to give something a real world name then at least make it look the part. Details people....it is all in the details.