Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Underwater Combat

Just thinking that it would be nice to see something similar to Guild Wars 2 underwater combat, not the same but the general concept of fighting underwater against a completly different type of monsters and using different mechanics than on land.

Obviously there are many ways to go about underwater combat when magic is involved in the game, spells that allow to breath underwater or ease of movement. I would just love to see something else apart from fighting on land not including things like ships and stuff, was this mentioned in the past and what might be your toughts in regards to this ?

Comments

• Options
    Underwater content has been confirmed. Breathing through potions or other means also confirmed. Would stand to reason there will be combat in addition to just pure exploration underwater.

• Options
    time to march the underwater legions then 

• Options
    Underwater content has been confirmed. Breathing through potions or other means also confirmed. Would stand to reason there will be combat in addition to just pure exploration underwater.

That's great then, did they say anything about specific mounts to be used underwater ? I know there are going to be mounts for water travel but that's a bit different than underwater travel :3
  • Options
    I haven't seen anything beyond the tidesnapper image from KS that might function as underwater mount. We know they are talking about turtles and cross-breeding them in earlier livestreams. Water, above and below was a stretch goal, not core, so they may have not gotten that far in planning it out yet.
  • Options
    I just need to know if Dwarves sink. This is very important for ... reasons.
  • Options
    Their beards are used as flotation devices so they're fine
  • Options
    nagash said:

I'd say their beards absorb water so they sink fastern no ? more dead for you anyway ;)
  • Options
    nagash said:

I'd say their beards absorb water so they sink fastern no ? more dead for you anyway ;)
    haha was I really that predictable I need to up my game it seems 
  • Options
    nagash said:
    nagash said:

What's a king of the undead if he can't properly utilize resources haha :naughty:
  • Options
    nagash said:
    nagash said:

What's a king of the undead if he can't properly utilize resources haha :naughty:
    I would say a dead king but that would be correct in my case ^^
  • Options
    I'm guessing it's going to be a very similar system to WoW or Archeage where you are more floaty, need sir and now have a new dimension of travel (up and down). You can augment your movement, duration under and use special mounts so this is the system I imagine.
  • Options
    Pierce/Thrust weapons should be more effective underwater, but I wouldn't complain if they weren't.
  • Options
    It all comes down to whether you subscribe that your fantasy universe with magic should obey the laws of physics that your real one does. Who is to say that the water molecules aren't sentient and decide to get out to the way of a swinging mace? Undead mounts that flap a few bones to fly? Totally plausible.
  • Options

The sea content and ship battles are some of my most antipated features! Yes please!
  • Options
    Xombie said:

The sea content and ship battles are some of my most antipated features! Yes please!
    we really need to team up one of these days you have the zombies and I have everything else ^^