Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The hunter being hunted, it should be that hard.

I know we will have hunting in this game, but after you gained a good level of skill, what's next?

IMO when your going after the really big game, there should be a risk factor with it.

1. It's not a one shot kill

2. You have to hit it just right, or it's coming after you.

3. It's herd might attack you, if it's part of on.

Then you have what I hope will be in this game. The risk of you being the one hunted. Your out in the wilds, and while your hunting, something else is hunting you now. That would be a huge game changer. How would you know? If you have a perception skill, it would let you know something is tracking you. Then you need to get ready. IMO this would be a great touch to add to the risk of hunting.

Be it a monster type, or just a very nasty predator, the tables should be turned on anyone out hunting.

What do you all think?

Comments

• Options
    I believe something like this would be very immersive and a lot of fun. It could also span over into taming as well, you could even need a hunter to help you secure this pray so that you are able to take it back to a cage and befriend it over time.
  • Options
    Sounds like you should be playing monster hunter world.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited February 2018
    There should be "people hunts" (in addition to bounty hunter system), people hunts that can target anyone, and not only corrupted players.

Like dark version of "bounty hunting", targeting any mark, for profit. Get rid of your competition, put up a "bounty", get mercenaries hunt that target down for you.

There should be game mechanics to make this a bit easyer for people to organize, same like mechanics will exist for classic bounty hunter system, same they should exist for "dark" bounty hunting.
  • Options
    Maybe better bows or more expensive arrow produce less damaged finer pelts and resources......I was going to go to location damage etc but thought lets give the devs a break hahah 
  • Options
    All I think of is this

• Options
  • Options
    I actually like this idea
  • Options
    As you hunt and kill a hidden Node ZOI stat stacker builds up with a very slow cooldown.
    At certain marks along the build-up different ever stronger elusive and dangerous beings are set out in the world to hunt Hunters.
    Need a certain amount of hunter kills within a certain period to be marked as a hunter and become a Hunted.