[Website] The Ashes of Creation website will be down for scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, March 19, 2024 at 7:00 a.m. Pacific.

Estimated downtime is 4 hours. During this time, the shop and account login page will be inaccessible. We'll notify you upon completion.
Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Loot Mechanics Generous loot for common items.

Would like to see gear on humanoinds dropped by humanoids.  Lets say orc has a nice looking shield but it does not dropp and it is not even available in game. So if you see the gear on a humanoind then there should  be  a chance that they might drop one item from the set of gear that they are wearing.

Would also like to see generous loots from animals. For example if I need to get16  tiger steaks to make some recipe but after killing all the tigers in that area got only 3 or 4 steaks and have to wait for respawn. I mean we are just talking about tiger steaks.

Same thing happened when farming eggs from birds. 

I think every time you kill an animal you get some useful item.  Makes killing them more worthwhile.  Useful items  cooking material, crafting material, furs, feathers, blood and so on.
Think it would make killing mobs more meaningful especially after you stop getting experience. 

I mean some items are going to be very rare drops but most mobs should drop somethign useful.  

Comments

• Wholeheartedly agree, it was so annoying in WoW when you were collecting spider legs but would get one drop per mob in duskwood...
  • Yea, I've always been miffed when a wolf drops a two handed weapon..... It's like, where was he stashing that?
  • On the subject of loot tables well let say there is a dungeoun that drops normal loot since there are eight classes chance of drop per item could go over one in two hundred.  do if you limit the items to 50 items per loot table per roll.  So if you have 200 items in a dungeoun that is 50 per table and one rool per table so a 2 percent items to get any one item. Not talking about rare or mounts or unique items just normal loot and below.   Do not think there is a need to ahve drops rates lower than 2 percent on normal loot or normal crafting material.
  • They said this is the case. Humans will drop gold and actual items like swords or armors. While other creatures like a wolf will not drop a sword. Instead it'll drop pelts that can be crafted or sold for money that's equivalent to seeing a sword drop.
  • So sensible loot tables are a thing already in game. Wolves will drop pelts that you could sell and won't be carrying a crossbow for example. In terms of dropping what they are holding, keep in mind every race will have different visuals for the same gear.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    similar to how dark souls works, fine by me. 
  • Unfortunately we can't have 1 item per mob because there has to be some grind, but if I have to fuck around with a bunch of mobs to get their saliva and after making them go extinct I got 4/10 then fuck off.