Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Learning special Spells/Skills

Back with yet another post, first off I would like to say this community is amazing, lets try to keep it like this as the numbers grow in AoC! Sorry now to the post!

So been thinking about skills and spells, and what we could do to obtain them. Things like there is a quest like to learn to Summon a new type of (insert creature here), or oh hey i just read this book of this powerful mage and poof new spell. Rogues poisons would love to see a poison quest.  Bard has to go around playing at Taverns runs into another Bard that gives him a new sheet of music notes to learn a new song.

Umm Tanks got nothing for =/, Clerics have to find a old pantheon ruins and read the text and convert people to give a new blessing.

This can also work for the sub classes instead of being ok I'm Tank and you know what fck it i know magic now and just get the skills, we could do some type of quest to help use how we came across knowing how augment our spells.

Btw not a RPer but just gaining something for free is not something I like.

Comments

• Options
    Doomfett said:
    Back with yet another post, first off I would like to say this community is amazing, lets try to keep it like this as the numbers grow in AoC! Sorry now to the post!

So been thinking about skills and spells, and what we could do to obtain them. Things like there is a quest like to learn to Summon a new type of (insert creature here), or oh hey i just read this book of this powerful mage and poof new spell. Rogues poisons would love to see a poison quest.  Bard has to go around playing at Taverns runs into another Bard that gives him a new sheet of music notes to learn a new song.

Umm Tanks got nothing for =/, Clerics have to find a old pantheon ruins and read the text and convert people to give a new blessing.

This can also work for the sub classes instead of being ok I'm Tank and you know what fck it i know magic now and just get the skills, we could do some type of quest to help use how we came across knowing how augment our spells.

Btw not a RPer but just gaining something for free is not something I like.
    That would be a really interesting idea and I would love to have it implemented in the game ^^
  • Options
    Yes to all of this. This is the RPG that MMO's direly need. We are supposed to play a role. Spells or Attacks should need to be learned though involvement in the world. MMO's do this now by giving us quests, sure... but it's just a quick "kill 3 lizards and learn this" type of thing. It doesn't feel.... meaningful.

Giving the players choice to the skill they want and how they want to level it up are important factors that Ashes has included. I guess the only thing to consider is just how immersive I.S wants to make Ashes feel.

• Options
    I love this idea.
    Put in 'related'work to get the skill.
    For cleric skills you need to d o religious type quests to get more skills, hey Tanks can learn extra skills by defeating renowned(boss like) Masters , Rangers for hunting down the rarest animal. 
  • Options
    Mozsta69 said:
    I love this idea.
    Put in 'related'work to get the skill.
    For cleric skills you need to d o religious type quests to get more skills, hey Tanks can learn extra skills by defeating renowned(boss like) Masters , Rangers for hunting down the rarest animal. 
    I like the Tank idea you had b/c nothing was coming to me on that.