Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What's wrong with AoC? How can it improve?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited February 2018
    So, let me get this straight. Offering feedback to how the game currently is, in early alpha, shouldn’t happen because it’s alpha and things are going to change.

When the entire reason the game has a released alpha, footage and is in open development with the community is to receive feedback, talk about it, and make the game better. 

Thats supposed to happen through the entirety of the games development cycle, and even when the game is launched. You’re supposed to provide feedback the entire time, until they’ve addressed that feedback specifically or luckily implemented it, or at least bring it to the table.

All feedback isn’t good feedback, at any point in the game. None of that “well, your feedback doesn’t matter because it’s alpha and things are going to change”.

Thats the whole point
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Let the AOC team do there work. How can you talk about making a game better when it not even out yet. 
  • Options

As I say in other related posts, my concerns are officially reserved until december 31 2018. This development cycle has just begun. So let it be known Internets Dec 31 2018 is Mozsta69 maybe gets concerned day (depending on lots of things) 
  • Options
    My main concern is dungeon composition. The started goal of wanting one of each archetype sounds great in theory, but finding them will be difficult. And if you and your friends want to play the same archetype then you are stuck between playing a class you didn't want to or compromising group composition. Also seems like bard, cleric, and tank may be the only archetype consistently in demand if they make the different dps classes interchangeable. 

Obviously we haven't even seen all the archetypes in action so this is terribly premature I'm just anxious to see the solution .

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Wouldn't be surprised if Bard would be like EverQuest's Bard. But would really like to see him use Manipulative-Magic too. Such as the ones mentioned below:
    •  One idea of Manipulative-magic comes form the image above. Its from Disney's Hercules " The Three Witches of Fate ". That " Golden String " represents someone's life. If its Cut then that person's life ends in that instant. 
    I know its an MMO and this would be nerfed to he!! ( or not even included at all ), but it fascinating to think about.

For the next idea ... bare with me ...
    imagine if this  ( read the small text )

... was made into an Ability for the Bard ? An ability that has to be " triggered " as opposed to damage being inflicted immediately upon use ?

(EDIT: It (could) be a Debuff, being that'll have to be triggered once the "Victim" using an ability ; all abilities triggering damage to the Victim except the Default Attack & Block ability perhaps ?)
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    ... For the record, the idea wasn't " that " bad . Just note that if it plays like WoW, BDO or any other MMO you can think ... it WILL become a clone of that same aforementioned MMO ... no matter how many " differences " there are.
    • At least think outside the Box  :o 
  • Options
    Game not out yet....but it is broke? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.
  • Options
    SaintJ said:
    My Feedback is still and has always been.
    Dont slack on character animations, character creation and combat.
    As ive spend alot of time playing black desert online its realy hard to go back to tab target and even enjoy it.
    Its like going from a Iphone 10 to a Iphone1.
    Black Desert lacks in so many ways, but Character creation/Combat is what keeps medority of their players around, even though the pve content and even pvp content is lackluster.

I agree wholeheartedly. For me, personally as a former player of a fantasy MMO that features fast-paced action combat and currently player of a game that had great ideas but nowadays feels kind of abandoned ( TERA and TESO respectively ), these are just a few of the things that concern me. 
    I want to feel powerful while playing an MMORPG, both in PvP and PvE and this starts with the animation and ends with balancing of classes and gear. It all accumulates. I enjoyed playing TESO immensely and still do, but as soon as AOC is online, I'll leave and won't even glance back. The combat never felt that powerful, especially in melee situations - if I can swing a sword or dagger like that, as a slip of a girl, in my humble opinion, something with the character animations is plain wrong. I love realism as much as the next person, but while playing in an evironment with magic and elves, I want some eye-pleasing combat.
    And I do love the combat that includes the use of crosshairs and feels dynamic. Tab-targetting feels nowadays, for me personally, plain wrong - one of the reasons I fell in love with AOC - here you can choose. (correct me if I'm wrong) 
    :) 
  • Options
    What an old thread indeed.
    We have come quite some way since then and yet it feels still relevant to look at. I certainly hope that they achieve, some, kind of balance between eye bursters an functional minimalistic spells.
    Having seen some more spells since the topic arised and their purpose (e.g. actually robbing someones sight with darkness) I do think they are keeping it in mind and the earliest examples where just for show effect.
    I remain hopefully optimistic. At the very least I hope you can tune down the particle effects in degrees, not just on or off. Knowing what's hurled at you, even just a second earlier can mean a lot.
    Lilisnia said:

And I do love the combat that includes the use of crosshairs and feels dynamic. Tab-targetting feels nowadays, for me personally, plain wrong - one of the reasons I fell in love with AOC - here you can choose. (correct me if I'm wrong)  :) 
    You are correct don't worry.
  • Options
    I would add a playable race of Merpeople and they can't come up on land ever. EVER! No matter how much people write in asking for it.
  • Options
    sunfrog said:
    I would add a playable race of Merpeople and they can't come up on land ever. EVER! No matter how much people write in asking for it.
    They would write in via seamail.
  • Options
    It needs more pirate undead 
  • Options
    nagash said:
    You mean something like this.

Image result for pirates of the caribbean

• Options
    nagash said:
    You mean something like this.

Image result for pirates of the caribbean

• Options

Oops wait I think I did it wrong. :(
  • Options
    Endless Legend had neat landmark features. I'd love a tree of life that had rainbow waterfalls coming down it and places we could place nodes and freeholds on it etc. ^^
  • Options
    Endless Legend had neat landmark features. I'd love a tree of life that had rainbow waterfalls coming down it and places we could place nodes and freeholds on it etc. ^^
    I just love playing as the Broken Lords ^^
  • Options
    Atama said:

I think the neck brace was a little tight. It explains the boney look.
  • Options
    Atama said:

to much skin on show for me ^^
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Atama said:

to much skin on show for me ^^
    I think she has an eye out on you.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Just hopes that classes(not architypes) would be unique(unique mechanics, passives, other bonuses- even lore)-NOT just morph sets.
  • Options
    intrepid have my complete faith i'm sure they'll know what works and what won't :P plus we're here to give our opinions and they've showed that they listen. 
  • Options
    I started following this project late, I'm still catching up on everything, but it's only been about 3 weeks. Looking back at 2017 PAX demo vs. 2018 I couldn't tell it was the same game! It looked so much better. You have everything you want in an MMORPG. Exceeded the crowd funding, your backed by a billionaire CEO who wants to do away with the bland mmorpg's, he's meeting the expectations of all the crowds from casual you hardcore to the pvp crowd and raiders, not to mention the large amount of money going into this....$20-30 million already! You have a unique idea that you're executing on, your company has exploded to over 100+ employees and probably be 200+ in 2019. On top of all this the games still looking better and better PLUS they're still on schedule if not ahead of schedule for everything?! There's not a lot for pre-alpha games to get people hyped up on, but AOC is hitting all the marks so far. What more could you ask for? I've tempered my expectations since EQ Next went under, but it feels so much different this time around and nothing I've seen so far has been disappointing. 
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    To answer the OP.
    There is nothing wrong with this game so far. As we all know its still in development. So a lot of things will change from the final product. You should ask the same question 12 months after the game has been released.
  • Options
    Currently the combat does not look or feel very good to me at all. But this is understandable as the first official version of the game is still a year away. I'm hoping it ends up being a lot like Black Desert's combat.
  • Options
    Robam said:
    Currently the combat does not look or feel very good to me at all. But this is understandable as the first official version of the game is still a year away. I'm hoping it ends up being a lot like Black Desert's combat.
    Your not comparing it from apples to apples. Black Desert is a released game its beta was Oct 2013 and finally released in 2016. Currently Ashes is in Alpha. Yes we know the game is just over 12 months away if all goes to plan. You should be asking this question in 12 months time to see if you get the same answer.
  • Options
    sunfrog said:

Me in another world: