Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Redundant Discussion

Deaths Proxy brought up an interesting point. Why are we regurgitating redundant and safe news?  

Comments

• Options
    I usually regurgitate after consuming far to much alcohol.
  • Options
    Because you never get the lemmings over the cliff if they start taking new paths.
  • Options
    We need to be careful when informing individuals who wish for certain things to be present in the game, and for starters that would be not to belittle or demean them by simply parroting what the developer's have said. Engage them in a discussion and discover why they think those certain things will make the game better; or perhaps you may have an origional thought which expands upon their idea in a pleasing way.

The last thing we should want to do is completely shut down someone's hopeful speculation for the game.
  • Options
    I think simple posting quotes from IS that directly relate to the OP is a valid option. If others wish to theorycraft with them I think that is also a valid discussion. In the beginning though, what has been said by IS should be laid out. Maybe they didn't see/read/understand what was being said. This would give them actual information to base their continued thought process on, or actual information to disagree with.

I do feel a lot of people are just coming here and saying "look at my idea, it should be implemented." I don't think that's the level of feedback IS is looking for, but I may be wrong.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited February 2018
    All feedback is good.

It's up to IS weather they will follow up on something they see in feedback, or not.

However, it is definitely not up to random people here to say that other people should not offer feedback. *lol at those people that even try to suggest this*
  • Options
    In order to give feedback one would need to look at what is already there otherwise it is not actually feedback... I don't think any of us have a problem discussing any ideas brought to the table but believe that it is best for everyone to be on the same page.

Everyone on the same page generally means more productive discussion
  • Options
    Snuffleluffagus you always make the best topics, I don't know how you manage it. Go team.
  • Options
    Xombie said:
    Snuffleluffagus you always make the best topics, I don't know how you manage it. Go team.
    Go Team Scattegories!!!!
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited February 2018
    Hopefully, IS is 'mining' these forums for thoughts and ideas from a community that (at this point) really cares about the game.  As launch approaches the locust crowd and the trolls will become much more prevalent.

The development team, no matter how large or experienced, will never be larger or have a more diverse and expansive mmo history than it's community.  Yeah, they've probably already thought of 95% of the 'ideas' that get posted here but 5% is still a pretty beefy sample size and if only a handful of fresh ideas are presented I'd think it would still be worth their effort to pick them out.

The main question I hope they ask each other before each and every decision they make about Ashes and what is going into the game is:  "Is it fun?"
  • Options
    also "Is it meaningful?"
  • Options