Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Tulnar species

What kind of Tulnar species would you like to see in Ashes of Creation?

I know I would Love to have a Tulnar Wolf, Predator Class (Rogue/Ranger) alt character to play with roaming the UnderRealm and Ganking Caravans and such. :-)

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited February 2018
    We won't know for a good, long while how the sliders during character creation for the Tulnar are going to shake out. Most of the initial concept art was focused on reptilian over mammalian, but no one, probably including them, knows how it will shake out. Remember they have to skin and animate all the variations. Make sure the armor sets will adjust without clipping and all that. And finally, Tulnar were a Kickstarter stretch goal and they have stated that the development plan is to work on core systems and add the stretch goal content as time permits, so you may not even see them till late in Beta 2. 

• Options
    I really hope for a variety of different types of tulnar... (somewhat of a furry myself) I would love to see a wolf type so long as it fit with the lore. In my opinion if it doesn't fit with the lore then it's best to not try and cram it in.

One ale for optimism, one for pessimism
    And a keg for patience
  • Options

http://www.aocwiki.net/Races

Scroll down to the tulnar section. They talk about the strains we will see for them.

• Options
    That is still pretty vague leaving a lot of room for variations
  • Options
    Definately a dragon type would be nice to see, but there just isn't enough info on the race itself to make any good guesses apart from the concept we have been shown with shadows of the tulnar :3
  • Options
    Lions, tigers and bears, OH MY!
  • Options
    Mammal attributes i wanna see:
    Fox, wolf, deer, and sheep.
  • Options
    Reptile and rodent qualities would be an interesting combination 
  • Options
    I want to see bird species like crane, crow, hawk, eagle or owl. 
  • Options
    Dragons. Lizardmen. Skaven :)
  • Options
    Sw684 said:
    Agreed they lived underground for a very long time this would make more sense to me.
  • Options
    Doomfett said:
    Sw684 said:
    Agreed they lived underground for a very long time this would make more sense to me.

They lived underground but that doesn't mean that lets say a cat looking race suddenly turns into lizards just because of living underground, though I do understand how lizards are the most common choice for Tulnar :3
  • Options
    They are going to go with whatever allows them to adjust the animation modeling and rendering. We know that from what they have said that the Tulnar are a mix of the races that either didn't have portals from their gods (ie the 4 base races of humans, dwarves, orcs, and elves) and those unfortunate enough to get left behind and that there were several other racial types. Those that didn't make it to the Underrealm in time before it was sealed off from the surface were warped by corruption, thus the one revealed avian race so far. Those survivors went on a "fuck it if you can find it" frenzy over the next 10,000 years while hiding underground. While it is nice to wishlist and build hype, you can bet that whatever they come up with will be distinctive and fit a "racial" opposed to "mix and match whatever animal you can imagine."
  • Options

Tulnar.