Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

I'm curious about Flying (Dragon) Mounts!

Hey there all, I'm Curious why only the higher ups in guilds and nodes have access to these awesome mounts. Also if stated somewhere and I haven't seen, will these mounts have multiple seats or single seated. I do like the idea of exclusive mounts to guild leads and node leads but it feels as if the rest of us lot are being left out. It my two cents, and i'm not complaining i'm just curious on why they took that approach!

Comments

• Options
    The devs are giving everyone the ability to get mounts that glide close to the ground. So, in theory everyone can get one. The dragons for the guild/node leaders will be able to have sustained flight at higher altitudes. The devs also did not want everyone just flying everywhere. They want people to actually explore verra.  
  • Options
    What Saints Shinobi said is correct. The developers decided rightly so that flying and quick travel shrink game worlds and remove people from real interaction. It does however have a place. There will only ever be 10 people on a particular server at one time with the ability of true flight. The mayors of the 5 metros and and guild leaders of the 5 castles. There may be eggs that drop from certain world bosses that have the possibility to develop into a flying mount, but these will also be on a timer and expire, so will not be permanent. Expect them to be exceedingly rare. With a server population cap of 10k concurrent stated and expected, this works out to 0.001% of a population having the ability of true flight at any one time. Dragons are meant to be an "OH SHIT!" moment when you see one, either flying overhead in game, or used against you when you siege a metro or castle. They will have aoe combat abilities and will be as difficult as you imagine to take down. I would bother to quotebomb you all the relevant stuff that has been released on the mechanics of this, but the search bar is there, and all the information to explain this is out there. Happy hunting.
  • Options
    I agree with USE, dragons are supposed to be OH SHIT! moments specially for their battle abilities I expect to see things like this:

Maybe a bit less OP xD

• Options
    well that makes sense i do hope i get a dragon tho :)
  • Options
    i just want a dragon to burn down a house or 2 a man can dream after all
    >:)
  • Options
    Nixies said:
    i just want a dragon to burn down a house or 2 a man can dream after all
    >:)
    who needs a dragon