Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Buff/Debuffs we would like to see

Hey guys im back working all weekend to bring you yet another AoC topic that may not interest you or it does ( if it does your amazing! Not saying your not amazing if you dont just means ill go be a emmo kid in my closet). Anyways lets talk about the buffs (all types) and debuffs (mainly combat).

Food Buffs- Ok going to start with the first one that comes to my mind b/c im a addict yes we are talking about Skooma/deathsticks/ aka Coffee. I would love to see this as a temp buff for 30 mins gives you extra stam and main stat what ever your class is but giving you a neg to accuracy (got them b12 shakes) or maybe get the neg bonus if you drank to much. Now after the buff you have a 2 min neg bonus for the crash make it feel like that risk/reward.
That was the only "food" buff i was going to say in detail but other food I do want to put out is when experimenting with making food get a buff if it works and discover the new recipe and get a debuff for that gross toenail soup that grandma always used to make that didnt work out so much.

Open world Buffs- I your toon gets a full idk 4 hours of sleep (going based off of military) in a bed you get a buff of well rested and grows up by idk 1 every 1 hour over the 4 not going past 8, and gaining a exp buff that last 30mins-2hours. 
Target dummy training-this one is more like you prep yourself before going out into the world that im proves accuracy hit for like a min or 2 get a 20 min buff.
Exploration- When finding a new cave or dungeon or anything on the map gives you a 10 mount/normal movement speed buff.
Open world debuffs- easy enough and simple poisons for picking a plant you dont know about, walked into a witches cottage your cursed, environments in snow its harder to walk, rain you get cold stuff like that.

Class Buffs- First off Bard (not League of legends no one play that game *looks around*) enough said theres your buff class. But going into it i want to see like enrages on fighters, summoners can boost themselves which boost their minions that they summoned, rogues have like escape artist which take less cc and at a certain amount of health get a movement speed buff, rangers eh idk not big into bow classes so please help me out here, clerics can have a passive when people stand next to them they receive a small amount of healing like 10 yrds.

Debuff class- Summoner is what im hoping is this class. Hoping the AoC team brings in a pure debuff class like the Enchanter ( Steven look that my middle name make this happen for ill never pk anyone promise). But some defuffs i would like to see are dot debuffs that stack over time like hey your movement speed is slowed ever 2s up to 6s stacking 3 times for a 12% movement speed debuff that if augmented allows a root at the end for 2s, or a debuff on bosses like old Vin WoW so the party doesn't see the backhand of a boss like we owe him money. 

Long post i know sorry for having to read but what are you doing right now not play AoC can tell you that so shouldn't hurt to much, If you cant read then sucks for you ( i can say that they cant read).

Tell me what you want out of buffs and debuff or hey i dont agree with anything u said so you can move on and play LoL *cries in side b/c i rage like u*

Comments

• Options
    I do like the idea of situational buffs. Like if you're in a zone or area where you're upwind of things your arrows would be more accurate/do more damage while if you're downwind they would be less accurate/do less damage. It might have to rotate so you don't need a specific zone path every time you play etc.. And cover more things than just arrows.
  • Options
    Yea i didnt even think of that, like if you at the top of the hill type of thing in combat while they are lower " I won, I have the high ground"
  • Options

In addition to buffs from food, there will be regional buffs from inns that can be applied that persist withing a certain distance aoe of the place of purchase, rested exp was confirmed in the blog on inns. While we have not seen anything yet on the remaining 4 classes, two of them have been plugged as "support" classes, which usually mean buffs of some kind. Individual or party, short or long-lasting, we will just have to wait and see.

• Options

In addition to buffs from food, there will be regional buffs from inns that can be applied that persist withing a certain distance aoe of the place of purchase, rested exp was confirmed in the blog on inns. While we have not seen anything yet on the remaining 4 classes, two of them have been plugged as "support" classes, which usually mean buffs of some kind. Individual or party, short or long-lasting, we will just have to wait and see.

Yes ty mmo gods for coffee!