Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Off topic- Did you know...

Did you know that Valentine's Day was named after a priest whose name was Bob? 
No, not really. Valentine was a priest who, around 270 AD, was put to death for performing wedding ceremonies in defiance of a decree by Emperor Claudius. 

Valentine was caught on 14 February and dragged to jail. Later in the day he was clubbed to death and beheaded. It is said that, before his execution, Valentine himself had fallen in love with the jailer’s daughter. He signed his final note to her, “From your Valentine.”

Can't get much more romantic than celebrating the clubbing and beheading of some poor guy.

Comments

• Options
     >:)<3  
  • Options
    Happy Bob Day :)

nice to learn some backstory behind the day.
  • Options
    Well that's a totally different story compare to the wiki.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine's_Day

Its funny how a pagan ritual has made it all the way to the 21st century and has become commercialized. 

• Options
    Valentine Day is a front for some Illuminati activities. This holiday is invented by that organization, and that wiki page (and all other info on internet) was planted by the same organization so that naive people would believe it exists from long time ago.
  • Options
    That made my pants tight..
  • Options
    Well that's a totally different story compare to the wiki.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine's_Day

Its funny how a pagan ritual has made it all the way to the 21st century and has become commercialized. 

Wiki's account doesn't seem that different. Valentine wasn't romanticized until later, but the basics are still the same: Valentine, killed for doing weddings.

But I always marvel at how many pagan rituals (in different forms) have made their way to the 21st century. Which just goes to show that just because we know more doesn't mean that we are smarter lol

• Options
    Valentine's day will, for me, forever be the day my ex pulled a knife from the kitchen drawer and sliced it across my arm in a fit of anger because I made reservations at the wrong restaurant. 

I feel that's more in sync with the original holiday than the current trend. 
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    Valentine's day will, for me, forever be the day my ex pulled a knife from the kitchen drawer and sliced it across my arm in a fit of anger because I made reservations at the wrong restaurant. 

YIKES! Truly sorry to hear that.
  • Options
    Karthos said:

You have me now sweetie, I'll never let anyone hurt you again! :heart:
  • Options
    Karthos said:

Word on the street is you're not supposed to stick your wand in crazy.
  • Options
    Maybe he was waving it around while saying "Expelliarmus Coitus" and that caused her to go dementor on him.
  • Options
    I never know if the story is real or not
  • Options
    Maybe he was waving it around while saying "Expelliarmus Coitus" and that caused her to go dementor on him.
    Waving what around?
  • Options
    Karthos. His "wand." I was responding to Nevermuse's mix of gamer and real life relationship advice, while adding my own Harry Potter reference. Have to keep up.
  • Options
    Sometimes I like to gather a ton of my friends and just pull our wands out. Really brings us together! 
  • Options
    Wow, did this post take a turn I never saw coming LOL
  • Options
    You must be new here 
  • Options
    Informative post about Valentines day turns into a talk about 'wands' great way to start off a day :3
  • Options
    daammmmmn!
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited February 2018
    Image result for wiggle your wand gif
    Image result for wiggle your wand gif