Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will this game satiate my hunger for a new MMO?

Hey everybody! I think this game is on target to get me involved in MMOs again. The last game I was invested in was FFXIV until it stopped being fun for me. My core community still hangs out nightly but are really struggling to find something to play. On the surface, this game checks a lot of boxes that I look for in a game. I think the sandbox/structure hybrid is what I'm looking for. I have just been so discouraged by the market lately I feel it's hard to be invested. 

Prove me wrong, developers!  

A question for the veterans/better informed gamers out there:

1. What is the earliest I could get involved with playtesting? I am willing to invest. I see the packages you can purchase, but is there a release date for the earliest alpha?

Comments

• Options
    The earliest alpha ($500 package - Alpha 1) is planned for Q3, Q4 of 2018 so sometime this year, alternatively just by being registered on this site you are already eligble for an Alpha 0 drawing so you might win a key from that :3
  • Options
    Ugh, I was hoping for something sooner. What have you been doing to hold you over? 
  • Options
    I think your expectations for A1 might be too high if you think it will be anywhere close to the finished game, or enough to "hold you over". It's not an early access, it's an actual Alpha. Meaning that it will most likely not sasiate your hunger because it will not only have bugs but most likely not even have many of the mechanics. to get even a glimpse of what the game will ultimately be you will need to wait for betas, not alphas so until late 2019
  • Options
    Santy182 said:
    I think your expectations for A1 might be too high if you think it will be anywhere close to the finished game, or enough to "hold you over".

Thanks for the feedback. You misinterpreted my question though in your answer. I was asking the community that is excited for this game how they are spending their time with their gaming communities. What are they playing and how are they spending their time? It stems from my feeling that there aren't any MMOs out there I can play that seem nearly as interesting Ashes of Creation has the potential to become.

• Options
    Hey bigtime welcome! So most of my guild plays FFXIV to hold us over till testing phases. To answer your question in detail there are multiple testing phases but which one to buy really depends on what you’re looking to do among other factors.
     Feel free to DM me here or my discord and I’ll go into more detail, on the phone right now and don’t wanna type everything out.
  • Options
    Welcome to the community, it does indeed seem like the wait of a lifetime until Alpha 1, but we're getting there bit by bit! :)
  • Options
    Welcome to the Ashes community and forums! I am optimistic this project will inevitably be the MMO of our dreams!
  • Options
    Welcome to the community :)
  • Options
    Welcome to the community, we all hope this will be the game that the genre needs.
  • Options
    Bigtime said:
    Hey everybody! I think this game is on target to get me involved in MMOs again. The last game I was invested in was FFXIV until it stopped being fun for me. My core community still hangs out nightly but are really struggling to find something to play. On the surface, this game checks a lot of boxes that I look for in a game. I think the sandbox/structure hybrid is what I'm looking for. I have just been so discouraged by the market lately I feel it's hard to be invested. 

Prove me wrong, developers!  

A question for the veterans/better informed gamers out there:

1. What is the earliest I could get involved with playtesting? I am willing to invest. I see the packages you can purchase, but is there a release date for the earliest alpha?

This game made me more hungry xD