Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Key Drawing Winners! (new entries system) Week 44

Comments

• Options
    Grats, lads!

• Options
    Honestly, I think it's great that there is a chance that someone like me who only found out about AoC a little while ago, who finally could scratch together money to afford to back this AMAZING MMO being created, has a shot at getting to help make it better. There are so many aspects of this game which I can relate to from prior MMOs, which were awesome in their own right, but this is bringing them all together into one game.

The live streams have been amazing, the quality of where Intrepid is even now with as little time as they've had into the game development process is awesome.

I can understand people being butt-hurt - it will always happen. You can't make everyone happy all the time. Honestly, I would rather them take their effort into making a great game, then dealing with all the butt-hurt / salty people who haven't gotten access -- yet.

I'm willing to listen, watch, and hopefully if given the chance, participate in making this adventure Intrepid is on, better and long lasting. 

Try to remember, we're all here, and despite having access today - you'll be able to help make it better with CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. 
  • Options
    Let Me In ! I need it!!! lol
  • Options
    Congrats all!
  • Options
    im Salty no congrats but heres a good GG
  • Options
    gz to all the winners and good luck for all of us for next time.
  • Options
    congrats winners

u.u for a long time I'm registered hopefully I'll have more luck :)

• Options
    Congratulations to the winners!  Do it well.
  • Options
    Congrats 🎈🎉 🍾 to all who won, I’ll see you in the game. 
  • Options
    @Okies Nothing makes me more important. I never stated that nor did I in any way make people perceive that by my comments. I only stated that my donation entitled me, just like everyone else to admittance to the random drawing. I did not back the game with money in order to receive access. That was the furthest thing from my mind. I supported the development of the game financially with the only expectation being that Steven and his team could execute the Vision that has been laid out. The naming and finger pointing by posting my AoCtag in a pubic setting... with the only intentions being negative was wrong and immature. Although what else can we expect from random trolls fishing for attention. So the end result (i hope) is be mindful of what you post and be carful when you try to measure someones activity in the AoC community by how many smiley faces or lols they do. I wish everyone the best and know that I will do my part to contribute to the production of AoC as allowed by the creators. But this will be the last time I participate in this thread because this is not how I enjoy investing my time. I simply wanted to address being branded publicly without justification. @Fooshyy
    Good Luck All, even you fooshyy. 
    You stay classy SanDiego

• Options
    That’s the thing about RNG, though. It doesn’t care how long you’ve been here. It rolls based on what the current lineup is and so every person has a similar chance (give or take for the Kickstarter and store packs boosts) to be the lucky winner. Look at the lottery, as a good example. A man can spend his fortune and never win, while a first-timer can scratch the winning ticket. Just how the game goes. 

As someone who has been around since the Kickstarter I’d certainly like a key, but I don’t hold it against the mods for how the die roll. 

I just think arguing about the results of a random number generator is somewhat like punching a brick wall to break it down: you could do it, but it’s gonna be time consuming and hurt you more than the wall.

Anyway I just saw this and decided to give my two cents, so take it as you will. Congrats to the winners, I hope you enjoy your time in alpha!

I Like you! lol
  • Options
    That’s the thing about RNG, though. It doesn’t care how long you’ve been here. It rolls based on what the current lineup is and so every person has a similar chance (give or take for the Kickstarter and store packs boosts) to be the lucky winner. Look at the lottery, as a good example. A man can spend his fortune and never win, while a first-timer can scratch the winning ticket. Just how the game goes. 

As someone who has been around since the Kickstarter I’d certainly like a key, but I don’t hold it against the mods for how the die roll. 

I just think arguing about the results of a random number generator is somewhat like punching a brick wall to break it down: you could do it, but it’s gonna be time consuming and hurt you more than the wall.

Anyway I just saw this and decided to give my two cents, so take it as you will. Congrats to the winners, I hope you enjoy your time in alpha!

I Like you! lol
  • Options
    gz ^^ maybe next time at all who are still waiting x3
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited February 2018
    Edit
  • Options
    congrats winners :)!! enjoy in the game
  • Options
    Kreioth said:
    Honestly, I think it's great that there is a chance that someone like me who only found out about AoC a little while ago, who finally could scratch together money to afford to back this AMAZING MMO being created, has a shot at getting to help make it better. There are so many aspects of this game which I can relate to from prior MMOs, which were awesome in their own right, but this is bringing them all together into one game.

The live streams have been amazing, the quality of where Intrepid is even now with as little time as they've had into the game development process is awesome.

I can understand people being butt-hurt - it will always happen. You can't make everyone happy all the time. Honestly, I would rather them take their effort into making a great game, then dealing with all the butt-hurt / salty people who haven't gotten access -- yet.

I'm willing to listen, watch, and hopefully if given the chance, participate in making this adventure Intrepid is on, better and long lasting. 

Try to remember, we're all here, and despite having access today - you'll be able to help make it better with CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. 
    Impressive.. you managed to use the words "Butt-hurt" and "Salty" to describe people you don't agree with and then wrapped it up with telling people to be constructive. xD

My only complain is people with no activity, one or zero posts, are getting access to Alpha 0 with dummy and/or dead accounts. You have posted a few times so I'd consider you active and I would be happy for you if you got it, albeit jealous.

Again it is their game so it is up to them. And I can appreciate them giving keys to people that couldn't afford the access otherwise. I just think it should be balanced with activity in the community. Maybe they should reevaluate their way of giving them out. I mean there are ways of cheesing this but as long as there are some mechanics.. it should filter out most of those dead/dummy accounts.
  • Options
    Well,  If it were a closed alpha/beta of a game I would look for people that would hopefully provide feedback, suggestions, and problems/glitches/bugs to them so that they can try to fix them.

In a matter of since a lot of these "giveaways" are probably going to people that play to just see the content.  I wonder what percentage of them actually provide feedback to the devs?  As being a beta tester for many blizzard games, I would have to guess that from my experience, maybe 5% of the people actually provide feedback.

If they want to handpick that is on them.  Those that paid will get their access when that time comes.
  • Options
    congrats to the winners!
  • Options
    Congrats! :)
  • Options
    I mean I started my account a while back. However I really have not been here on the forums or in the discord channel. I have had a lot going on. So I do think it is fair that somebody who started an account and may not have been able to be on the forums or the discord are able to get a key about a game they are super hyped about.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited February 2018
    Man if someone create an acount that s mean he wants to play at this game,so be on the discord don t deserve a key you go to the discord because you want more info, after if you created your acount a while back you have more chance to win a key.
    So your problem is you want a key like all of us, but you don t get it.
    You have  a  chance to have a free key in a good game  and the system is totaly fair all of us, we have all the same probability to get this so where is the problem.
    So congrats to the winners and good luck for the others
  • Options
    We all want a free key. I did a new build in anticipation for this game. I have been following Ashes for a long time. I just don't post all the time like alot do, hoping for a key. All I can say is I will be there on day one. Key or no key. I'm a healer all the way and that's exactly what I will be doing. See you in the the underworld!!!
  • Options
    Congrats ^^
  • Options

I must say sounds like a bunch of cry baby's time to grow up

just saying

• Options
    I think whoever wins a key should simply use it.  If they don't log into the game then it should expire or something and given to another user. So that proper testing of the Alpha can occur with the intended number of players on servers.

The Forum and Discord activity I personally don't care about , some people don''t have time to sit and partake in forum and discord chat , but the real deal is gametime baby gametime.
  • Options
    Loyheta said:
    Kreioth said:

Impressive.. you managed to use the words "Butt-hurt" and "Salty" to describe people you don't agree with and then wrapped it up with telling people to be constructive. xD

My only complain is people with no activity, one or zero posts, are getting access to Alpha 0 with dummy and/or dead accounts. You have posted a few times so I'd consider you active and I would be happy for you if you got it, albeit jealous.

Again it is their game so it is up to them. And I can appreciate them giving keys to people that couldn't afford the access otherwise. I just think it should be balanced with activity in the community. Maybe they should reevaluate their way of giving them out. I mean there are ways of cheesing this but as long as there are some mechanics.. it should filter out most of those dead/dummy accounts.
    The mention of "Butt-hurt" and "Salty" was to describe the mentality, not necessarily person, around 'they got in, but not me!  why!'  attitude seen all too much with these types of systems. 

While no system is perfect, I can completely respect others opinions around how things can be improved. Offering complaints, not suggestions, is the whole entire point of my post. Rather than complain about this system, not saying you specifically, and that so many selected "appear" to not be active, maybe comment about ways to augment the system. 

Maybe offer up a good post around specifics of ideas, as the theme of the post.

1. To be included in the drawings you must make one post. Why not the Welcome thread!
    2. For every x likes on your account, you get another entry in the drawing.

etc. etc. 

It's just a completely different tone of message and criticism, than how some comments on this thread have been.
  • Options
    Congrats! 
  • Options
    Could have made the, "Weekly random drawings" a weekly reply to post to be entered for a chance for 0. Maybe a little better for those reasons but we can all sit here and Monday night quarterback these decisions all day. No need.

Heck Ive been here since 2016 with very minimal posts. Just saying...

Congrats all.
  • Options
    Je ne comprends pas ton insatisfaction ...

D'accord, votre bailleur vous met de l'argent mais je pense que le Dev le sait déjà très bien et ne peut pas l'oublier en vous laissant sur le côté et utiliser les nouvelles clés alpha ou non.
    Je pense qu'ils ont déjà prévu de vous récompenser avec juste des valeurs mais pas sur cette offre.

Après le plus toxique je dirais que discuter des choix de l'arbitre équivaut souvent à une pénalité et que le chouiner doit cesser de travailler mes 6 ans si je me souviens bien :)

Félicitations à tous
    et bonne chance pour les suivre.
  • Options
    Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.