[Website] The Ashes of Creation website will be down for scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, March 19, 2024 at 7:00 a.m. Pacific.

Estimated downtime is 4 hours. During this time, the shop and account login page will be inaccessible. We'll notify you upon completion.
Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Loot system / Bag space / Leveling

I want to ask these questions because I cant find it.. 

Loot system:
Will there be monster loot system and how it will work? If I will kill monsters than item will be moved to my inventory or I will must loot him on ground like in WoW?

Bag space:
Is there limit for space in bag? And if yes will we able to upgrade it? How big it will can be?

Leveling:
When I seen well, in game will not be levels, and only experience bar for skill points. Are there any ways to get higher stats aside from items?

Comments

• I'm not sure about the others but I'm fairly certain that there will be a leveling system, keep in mind that all you see on streams and videos is pre-alpha footage and take some of what you see with a grain of salt since it could be changed at any time.
  • Loot system.
    Yes, there is a loot system. They have said they want it to have meaning and not just fill your bags with random vendor crap. We do not know if there is an auto-loot system that will be in place after testing. Right now in the videos you can see it is in an auto-loot mode. That is most likely because they haven't finished working on the their loot system which has promised choices of Need/Greed, Auction, Round-Robin, and others for people grouped once implemented.

Bag space. 
    Yes there is two parts to inventory management. Inventory personal bag slots and weight. Currency does NOT have weight, while items do. Bags will be able to be found, crafted, purchased, and will be various types like gatherer's bags and so on.

Leveling. 
    Traditional vertical leveling to set level and horizontal leveling to augment are both confirmed. As @AutumnLeaf said, the interface you are seeing in videos is in no way indicative of the interface or how leveling will look once the "get the core systems up and running" phase is over and they start in on the "systems are running, now tweak them for optimal numbers," testing phase is reached.
  • So Looting will be a token system.
    So Intrepid always gives the example with wolves. You go out, kill wolfs, get tokens (for example wolf hides) and you turn them in to get money for it.
    Since it will be traditional, it is fairly safe to assume (assume, it's just a guess) that you will have to loot the dead enemies, we are gathering relatively traditionally too. No automatic distribution. I would say we will see area loot options like in WoW.

You can bet on bag space limits. You even have a separate bag for gathering that will be fairly limited. "how big, how far, how much" are detail questions for far later in development. We don't know yet.

There are levels, they think of around level 50 for the level cap, but it is only an early estimate, they are not sure at all yet about it. Additionally your skills level up too with use.
    I'm not sure about stats outside from items.
    I haven't heard anything as detailed as stats coming from outside items. I guess you mean stats from titels, achievements and such? Who knows.
  • Leveling.
    Do you know if skills will level up independently with use or altogether with the character?
    ps. sorry if my questions have been asked and answered a dozen times, i just haven't found the answers yet. (if they exist)
  • The system so far as we have seen in videos. As you level you gain skill points. Those points can be assigned into certain skills giving them different levels of effectiveness. After a certain number of points have been spent, higher tier skills unlock, allowing you to spend further points. We have no clarification on number of points, caps for spending, and a host of other questions. That is all that is known about vertical leveling. How secondary archetypes are leveled horizontally, no one has seen yet. If you are looking for a system like Ultima or any of its clones where you hit a rock a bunch of times and mining automatically levels up, we have not seen that demonstrated as yet.
  • Thank you, Its funny you mentioned UO, that was my first MMO. I loved that game.