[Website] The Ashes of Creation website will be down for scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, March 19, 2024 at 7:00 a.m. Pacific.

Estimated downtime is 4 hours. During this time, the shop and account login page will be inaccessible. We'll notify you upon completion.
Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Stif character

Hello alll of you team of ashes love your concept and what you wanna do with it ! My only concern is players attack or stance. I know in rpg your camera is kinda stuck on your back thats serve to direct your attack BUT fluid attack movement or when they are in battle stance or normal one they could seem more relax or moving a bit to make it less stiff when we look it cause we always see our character so that little attention can be benefic! And i love that you focus on detail like mage with a spell book. Hope that when you got your secondary classes you ll do the same detail like archmage can be rune on them or magic eyes ! Love where you heading with this game so plz deliver what you told us ! Keep the good work.

Comments

• Nothing you are seeing about the characters, their animations, their movements etc. is anywhere near the final product.

What you are seeing is early EARLY EARLY Tech Testing level product.   
  • As others have said, this is far too soon to complain about things such as animations and character movement feeling "stiff".. 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited February 2018
    Sorry about the word stiff im french and try to do my best in english and you re right i didnt think about the time it on dev so im sry if i offended or be too quick on comment i apologies sincirely
  • TexTHKM said:
    As others have said, this is far too soon to complain about things such as animations and character movement feeling "stiff".. 

I didnt want to complain really just brought an idea . Srry again for my english and if what i said was wrong really sorry.

• There is no need to apologize....  It's not too early to comment on character movement since that's exactly the sort of thing they are working on at this very point. Unreal Engine usually delivers great graphics and I already noticed some very interesting details like the flutter of cloaks in the wind and other things. I think that characters will physically react as they change their combat stances, so there will be some fluidity to character movement. At least that's what I expect.
  • Image result for Stif name gif

Inb4 detergent and fabric softener recipes added to alchemy profession.

How it would work?

- your character clothes gets dirty over time
    - the more dirty your clothes, the less influence you have while interacting with NPCs
    - less reputation gain, less reward from quests, quests not offered at all in extreme cases of dirt, etc.

- some other player is herbalist and alchemist, he grinds herbs and produces various cloth cleaning liquids, detergents, fabric softeners etc
    - you buy those from that player (or make yourself if you are alchemist) and use it on your clothes so its clean and shiny again
    - using only detergent cleans your clothes and removes NPC interaction penalty
    - using softener as well, gives you mild boost to NPC interaction

As they say, cleanliness is next to godliness.
  • Long story short, stiff-ness within the things that were shown to us. Are early-acces footage and since recent they got more animators meaning before hand they only had one.