Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Economic Node

Am I understanding this correctly, economic nodes will have a global auction house instead of a regional one like the other nodes will have?

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited February 2018
    Economic nodes once they reach metropolis level will have a zoi-wide auction house if they build that option, similar to Scientific nodes having zoi air travel at metro level. Could they change all those bonuses before launch? Sure. But this is what we have so far.

And if you think about it from what they have stated from how they envision their "pillars" there is not going to be global anything. What would be the logic behind allowing an economic node in direct competition with a neighboring node down the way to be able to list and sell goods and collect tax revenue from the competing nodes citizens? Why would they undercut the need for transfer of goods and resources via caravan, which is one of their main play points? How would they justify being able to buy a sword from the other side of the world from some vendor then have it magically mailed to the purchaser.
    If you are thinking that you are going to sit in one location, buy something, run outside to a mailbox and pick it up, you are in for a shock once they release the details. 

They have stressed over and over keeping the world perception large, they are not going to add mechanics to shrink it to make it convenient for those that think they are going to control resource availability markets.
  • Options
    I don't want a global thing, that's why I was asking. I saw a video where they talked about the economic nodes having some kind of broader auction system and as you said it contradicts one of their pillars. What's zoi-wide, not familiar with that?
  • Options
    Zone of influence. As a node advances in level its zoi grows. Think of it as a circle that gets bigger over time. It will spread to encompass neighboring lower level nodes, locking them at their current level, and all exp generated in that area feeds the principal node. At the Metro level it will have several sub nodes in its zoi. What has not been made clear is if those nodes will have to bow to the decisions of the controlling node as to taxes and such. Imagine if you are the mayor of a level 3 node that gets swallowed by a level 5 and they jack your tax rate. Torches and pitchforks time.