Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The combo bar system

change the combo bar that resides underneath the character to a square filler on the enemy so you can spend more time watching the game (your enemy) instead of spending it looking at the bar to initialize the combo system.  You would have two squares one hollow and one filled in (red, yellow, green for example).  The inner square shrinks and grows inside and outside the hollow square and the goal is to attack again when it’s as perfectly filled in as possible (or green)  that way once again you can see who you’re fighting and still activate abilities while maintaining a visual.  Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    I'm not 100% sure but I believe that has been scrapped already from looking at the latest livestream.
  • Options
    The combo bar has not been "scrapped". They have just hidden it and opened the range to hit combos. If you look at the flyby messages you can see "Combo" float by repeatedly. They are working on it, and have plans to work on it. You don't have to like what they come up with, and they will be taking feedback from people once they have actually touched it, until they drop the technical alpha NDA and allow people access to Alpha 1 there is no reason to resurrect this zombie horse and beat it to death again.
  • Options
    No matter what they probably wont scrap the bar idea, it was good but flawed in the way that it took your attention from the game to focus on landing a combo, until we actually get to test out whatever they come up with there is no point complaining about it.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited February 2018
    It wont take hardly any attention once you get ised to the timing. Good players probably wont ever have to “look” at is as you can easily see things out of the corner of your eye.

how much time do you apend staring at a hotbar... not much, you get used to your rotation and occasionally glance
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    The combo bar has not been "scrapped". They have just hidden it and opened the range to hit combos. If you look at the flyby messages you can see "Combo" float by repeatedly. They are working on it, and have plans to work on it. You don't have to like what they come up with, and they will be taking feedback from people once they have actually touched it, until they drop the technical alpha NDA and allow people access to Alpha 1 there is no reason to resurrect this zombie horse and beat it to death again.
    OP offered a solid suggestion.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    nscheffel said:
    OP offered a solid suggestion.

The OP offered a suggestion that has 6 other posts that it has been addressed in. IS already stated in a live stream the combo bar is still a thing and will continue to be.  That's what was addressed in USE's statement. The system is being judged without being tested.

We're all just trying to keep the information train up to date and passive aggression towards someone you constantly disagree with on the forums does us no good. 
  • Options
    Right, I didn’t mean to seem like I was complaining or “nitpicking” I merely was throwing different possibilities our or seeing what anyone else had in mind so Steven and the others might get other ideas when they’re trying hard thinking about everything.  Thank you @Argentdawn for clarifying.  I appreciate the information