Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Few questions about the game.

heyas, i'm still trying to figur if i'm going for AoC, would be nice if you could help me with some questions:

1 - there will be tournaments 1vs1 / 2vs2 / 3vs3, like a weekly schedule event with rankings?

2 - for instance : we have 1 mage of ea class in front of us, would we be able to tell who's a shadow caster or warlock etc before they cast any spell?

3 - By any chance a small group of people (10-20) will be able to change the world by doing something?

thanks

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited February 2018
    Answer 1, 
    So yep Arena's and rankings will be in the game
    Answer 2. Not 100% sure on that one personally
    Answer 3. Yep  the game will take into consideration both small and large guild's, and also the solo player. even in pvp sieges, small groups won't be left out.  
    also 
    from a live stream during Kickstarter full transcript can be found here : http://www.aocwiki.net/DocGotGame_Q%26A_2017-05-08
  • Shunex ty for your answers, regarding my 1st question, i knew about the arenas, was just trying to know if there's any info or idea about pvp events once a week, kinda like this, starting at X hours, pvp deathmatch, 128 entries to > 64 > 32 > 16 > 8 > 4 > 2 > winner, all these matches in 1 hour or so, with ranking or rewards. thanks once again. ;)
  • Jinjiro said:
    Shunex ty for your answers, regarding my 1st question, i knew about the arenas, was just trying to know if there's any info or idea about pvp events once a week, kinda like this, starting at X hours, pvp deathmatch, 128 entries to > 64 > 32 > 16 > 8 > 4 > 2 > winner, all these matches in 1 hour or so, with ranking or rewards. thanks once again. ;)
    From what i recall we haven't heard about weekly pvp events like the one you described, might be a good question  to ask on the dev q&a thread when the next livestream is announced?
  • Hi @Jinjiro !

There isn't any information for now about scheduled arena events. I personally won't expect tournaments or arena events as Steven has emphasised that arenas are for training and practicing your skills, whereas the open world is where the meaningful PvP takes place. We will just need to wait and see though :)

We don't know if classes will have a method for opposing players to identify their playstyle ^^
  • An answer for #2 since this seems to be a tricky one. If you mean will people be easily identifiable by class type, like a class designation over their heads like SWTOR had or being able to click on someone and see their abilities that way, then no, from what we have been told so far. A character inspect was talked about, and I can't remember the final outcome of the discussion, but I am pretty sure it went down on the side of not being able to see what someone was wearing specifically to gain an advantage in pvp or to make decisions whether to attack someone.

With any class being able to wield any weapon or armor, that leaves out visual cues. With no gender locking or class/race locking there is another gone. The game will make use of an extensive cosmetics system. Think that lowly merchant riding his mule between towns is easy pickings, throw an arrow his way, and hear it ping off of the plate mail under the glamour, and then you better run.

Most likely your first indication will be when a person smashes you in the face with a fireball, or yanks you off your horse with a tanks scorpion pull.

With all that said, certain classes will have certain signatures that an experienced player, once engaged will be able to tell what primary archetype they are facing, though the secondary might make that trickier. See the big, glowing healing circle on the ground, Cleric/?. See a big, glowing wall thrown down between you and them, Tank/?. This will be mitigated in that there will be further cosmetic packs, for example the variant skill FX that came with Kickstarter, that will change the look of those effects.

TL:DR. No.