Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Classes Crashers

Good day ashes simple thread, does anyone one else have this feeling there will be class cross over? Meaning u have shadow lord and shadowmancer for example.

For me i hope this isnt the case I know there are 64 classes to be made and there is a good chance there will be cross over but hoping for the best!

Keep the community great AoC.

Comments

• Options
    There shouldn't really be any crossover because of how the system works. A shadowlord is a rogue and a shadowmancer is a summoner. They have completely different abilities. 

The closest thing to crossover is augments doing functionally the same thing but even then, each secondary should have options that are unique to it.
  • Options
    I think the crossover will be only really within the same main archetype. For example, Rogue/Mage and Rogue/Cleric will likely have more crossover than Rogue/Mage and Mage/Rogue as the secondary archetypes will be minor augmentations and flavor changes to main archetype.
  • Options
    The closest crossover is likely to stem from aesthetic similarities rather than functional mechanics.

For instance the Shadow Lord (Rouge/Summoner) you may see them use Shadows to perform ranged backstabs or swap places with a "shadow" location like a Warlock Portal from WoW. 

Whereas a Shadowmancer (Summoner/Rouge) may call forth shadow monsters instead of fantasy monsters to fight for them. Using shadows to create similar debuffs/status effects of binding, knockdown, or knockbacks with a shadow rather than a snake, wolf, or bull.

I think of all the worries it would be that they would double up on animations opposed to mechanics.

Hope that settles your concern. :)