Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Exploration and maps

Hi, just a little plee on "fog of war" type mechanics. Please let the map not be shown as a map that has borders and edges. Let it be full cloudy so that you actually need to explore. The whole excitement and reality of exploring is not knowing where things and maps end. Black desert online is a great exploration game but it has the error that you can see where the seas areas end even before you have explored it. They essentialy make me not want to explore because i already know where the borders are, where the map ends.  

Instead make it all fog, like a true exploration quest. You make your map as you go along. You could even make it a small skill, where you could sell your maps as you have explored it. This would make a lot of players happy that are into Exploration/treasurehunting and also more meaningfull as an explorer.

Comments

• Options
    From Taverns:
    Source of regional information
    • Maps don’t illuminate when a point of interest becomes active, only by word of mouth

[53:44] Treasure hunter job available, with puzzles, traps and lore via Tomb raider?

1. Maps that will promote exploring to hidden treasures
    2. Not a profession
  • Options
    /agree 100%

It is so unrealistic when dummied down games have mini maps showing you where to go on a quest line in an area you have yet to explore.
  • Options
    I agree as well.  Not knowing what lies ahead is part of the adventure!