Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Names

This is something I have rarely come across in games. First and Second names. Second name optional. The first name is usually the main name and can't be copied. Second name for people who enjoy linking their characters. Couples or Multi Alters who keep a second name to identify themselves.

I would like to see that here but a step further. The second name can be repeated but the Combination of the first and second can't. 
So the first name can be used by multiple people but only if they don't use the same second name as another person.

Steve Farsight
Steve Traveler
Max Traveler
Max  Traveler (Denied)

I come into games later sometimes to find I can't use my, 10 years and counting, gaming Alias.

Comments

• Options
    Even just beeing able to put a space in your name would go along way, it was so awesome when SWTOR started doing this a few years back, made room for so many new ways to name your characters.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited March 2018
    I would like to see something like that as well. A combination of names being the unique part in the naming and not just the first one who manages to register steve will be the only steve. It would make the world a bit more realistic imho.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited March 2018
    I also hope naming system will disallow various non English characters, so we don't see same names used over and over just with a different type of letter "o" interchanging.

That also causes players not be able to type /invite PlayerName if this player name uses characters from font they do not have, or report them easily, and similar problems.

So please, allow only English letters to be used for player names.
  • Options
    I like the idea of having a first name and a last name.  

I personally was fond of FFXIV and how they did it.   You could have a first name and a last name.

It really build up story for the characters.    
  • Options
    It would be good for those with alts. Using the last name on each of their characters, course then you get called by your last name on all the characters. =P

Y'know like the Japanese.
  • Options
    Yeah the last name thing is cool. My fiance and I did that in FFXIV so we had the same last name but were still our normal Alias our other online friends know us as.