Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

A neverending story in Verra

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited June 2018 in Fan Stories
If it is a world that changes with the player then i believe we can create lore as player in AOC. Imagine the story of a guild that killed the dragon, started to build a castel, helped lvl the node just to be betrayed from within by one of their most powerful player. Epic battle betwen guilds, or the story of a solo player who just went to discover the world. I am so excited.

Comments

• Options
    Guys. I got an idea. Let's start a story of ashes of creation. Every one can participare with a chapter or a post. And the one that post after the previeous continues the story.
    #challeange
  • Options
    :tongue:

Damar Isuwen sat upright , but ever so slightly leaning back upon the hard wooden chair. One hands fingers gently tapped in sequence upon the old gnarled table before him. The noise, quite noticable. The other hand genlty fondled his favourite pipe; the thick smoke from which creeped eerily away in some places and lingered in others. The smell, that of autumn forests near his home. He paused in a moment of reflection, before once again remembering to take a puff. Who was that shadowy figure that he had noticed following him earlier that day ? Why had they not simply approached him ? He thought about the curious pattern on the book they seemed to be clasping onto for dear life. Three loops that had the appearance of a serpent winding in and out of itself. The leather bounding looked very old, very worn. It was not a symbol he was familiar with. But these elves had a mystic vocabulary all of their own.

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited March 2018
    He wondered if it was related to the incident in the cave. It's been two weeks since he went there to explore. He remembers the feeling that almost overcame him as he entered deeper and deeper. It felt familiar but strange in the same time. As if someone from beyond was calling him. An urge to go where the voice was calling overtook his mind. As he ventured forward he noticed that the ruins in the cave had markings on them. A language that he couldn't understand. They started to glow as he approached what seemed a door with two dragons fighting in an eternal battle. Every cell in his body told him to turn back. But the calling seemed stronger and stronger. The door opened revealing a large throne room with elven statues guarding the path to the throne. It was dead silence. An eerie feeling came to him. Like he was not supposed to be there. Like something terrible had happened in that place. As he turned his back to leave, a shadow orb rushed towards him and left him unconscious. The memory is still vivid in his mind. As he takes another puff, he looks over the mountain in the distance. What happened to this world exactly? This question started to torment him more and more.
  • Options
    Khartaz said:
    If it is a world that changes with the player then i believe we can create lore as player in AOC. Imagine the story of a guild that killed the dragon, started to build a castel, helped lvl the node just to be betrayed from within by one of their most powerful player. Epic battle betwen guilds, or the story of a solo player who just went to discover the world. I am so excited.
    The idea of this has been discussed in the RP community already. There will be so many stories of varying degrees as each server will develop differently. 
  • Options
    makinoji said:
    Khartaz said:
    The idea of this has been discussed in the RP community already. There will be so many stories of varying degrees as each server will develop differently. 
    I agree @makinoji . But there will be stories that will develop in gameplay. I don't believe there will be someone who will write them like a narrative. My ideea is to create a narrative story of those events.

• Options
    Khartaz said:
    makinoji said:
    Khartaz said:
    I agree @makinoji . But there will be stories that will develop in gameplay. I don't believe there will be someone who will write them like a narrative. My ideea is to create a narrative story of those events.

That's a huge undertaking but if that's your goal go for it.