Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

New adventurer with a question

First of all hi to everyone, i can't wait to play AoC with all of you guys this games seems to be just so awesome. I was seriously thinking about buying the pre order wayfarer pack but im just no sure if this gives me only acces to the beta or if, when the final version of the game will be ready ill have acces to the real version of the game.

Cant wait to try this game and if the community is as great as what ive seen on the forums i think im gonna spend alot of time playing it.

Thanks in advance for your answers and have a nice day

Comments

• Options
    I have an other question for you guys. I really like grinding and killing epic monster to get awesome loot. Will this game satisfy me in that aspect and does it have a instance system like wow where you can be pair with other players from anywhere to do these instance ?
  • Options
    Hello and welcome!! *throws confetti*

So I just had a look. The Wayfarer pack comes with 2 months subscription to the final release of game as well as access to Beta 2 tests.. (2 months of game time ($30 Value))
    The game is subscription based. You don't pay for the game itself.

They will have quite a few random events that will have epic monsters to battle that may differ per server. Plenty of dungeons with unique boss battles. There will be a bunch of loot from mobs. Some loot being mentioned to be so rare, that there may even be weapons that only have 1 version exist on a single server.

So, in short. There's plenty to do. Plenty of bosses and plenty of loot to grind. At least, from my understanding.

Just a heads up for you. The per-orders will be available up until release. But the DLC, in this case with the wayfarer pack, the DLC being "Masque of Affection". These items will be refreshed once a month. (on the 2nd of every month I believe). This months seem to be more Valentines/Love based. Where as last month they had a Necromancer feel. I leave it up to you if you wish to wait it out for some DLC that matches your taste.

Once again, welcome to the forum and I hope you have a nice day!
    If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
  • Options
    thank you very much for your detailed answer. see you on the game :)
  • Options
    Welcome to the Community!
  • Options
    Welcome to the Ashes community!! :)
  • Options
    Welcome to the community!
  • Options
    Welcome!

On a side note, dungeons are not instanced and are instead open-world. If you ever plated FF11, the same type of concept I'm thinking. So far the streams seem to show this.  Not sure about Raids though.

You still to enter dungeons through portals, that look like instances, however, they are still open to multiple groups.  Apparently, the dungeons are being made large enough to support many, many groups.
  • Options
    Welcome to the community Jordizaz :) I'm glad you got your questions answered ^^
  • Options
    Hello and welcome to the community! So great to have you with us. :D 
  • Options
    Welcome to the Ashes community and forums! 
  • Options
    Welcome to the community :)
  • Options
    Welcome :D
  • Options
    Welcome to the community :3